How to Treat Bullet Wounds in the Arms or Legs.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though there is no body that will want this accident to happen to him or her but should in case such accident occur one can use this as a first aid before one will now rush such a person to the near by hospital.

These are the procedures:
- If the wound is bleeding a lot,control the bleeding you can raise the injured part. And some time if the bleeding can not be controlled by pressing on the wound, and if the person is losing a lot of blood and in danger of bleeding to death, do these to save the persons life.
(1) keep the winded. Part high as possible.
(2) You cab as well use a folded cloth or aside belt; never use thin rope or wire to tie it.

- if the bleeding is not too serious , let the wound bleed for a short while. This will help clean it out.

- wash the wound with boiled eater and soap and apply a clean bandage.. the case if a gunshot wound, wash the surface ( outside) only. It us usually better not to poke anything into the hole

- you can as well give or use antibiotics.

CAUTION:
if there is any possibility that the bullet has hit a bone, the bone may be broken.

Using or putting weight on the wounded limb (standing, for example) might cause a more serious break.

If a break is suspected, it is best to splint the limb and not to use it for several weeks.

Along the way doing this you can as well be looking for a hospital to take the victim to

Bullet may be too dangerous to be treated at home. Though this may depend on the range at which the shot was fired. If it is too close, I don't even think there will be chance for the treatment. But if the range is far and there is still chance of the bullet not done much harm to the victim, it can still be treated using first aid . But it is still better to visit the hospital even after the first aid.

Soap ? I wouldn't advise anyone to wash a serious deep wound with a soup except the person can be able to wash it carefully that the soap doesn't get inside the wound because that might be another form of complication.. what I understand is that if the wound is bleeding we should always try to cover it as much as possible and also pressed it to see if it will reduce the rate of bleeding..

It can also be covered with bandage but if the bleeding is still observe, I don't see the need for you to make an attempt to remove the bullet because it can even lead to more bleeding which might lead to loss of blood.. the most important thing is to cover it with a bandage and try to see as doctor as quickly as possible..

The bandaging and every other things you are doing during this process should always be as a first aid treatment but should not as the final treatment whenever there is a serious wound.. the most important thing is how you can make sure that you do not lose so much blood , so you can have the energy to get a quick medical help.