How To Stop Being Broke As A Student

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Let's be real, being a student, especially a college student is one of the toughest thing you'll do, and being broke only adds to the stress. between tuition, textbooks, rent, and other expenses, especially if you are in school by yourself, it's easy to feel like you're drowning in stress. but do not fear, there are practical steps you can take to improve your financial situation and avoid being constantly strapped for cash.

The first step to getting your finances under control and to stop going broke is to create a budget. this means taking an honest look at your income and expenses and figuring out how much money you have coming in and going out each month. once you have a clear picture of your finances, you can make a plan for how to allocate your funds to meaningful needs and ignore the wants, I use a budgeting app to keep track of my expenses. It's easy to overspend when you don't have a clear idea of where your money is going.

When I was in college, I made a point to prioritize my spending on the things that were most important to me, like transport and rent , while cutting back on other areas. It can be tough to make sacrifices but they were worth it at the end.

If you're struggling to make ends meet on your student budget, consider looking for part-time work or freelance opportunities. There are plenty of flexible jobs available that can fit around your class schedule, such as working in retail or doing freelance writing, that is how I got started in the online world

The point is, you can stop yourself from going broke every month by actively taking charge of your finances and ignoring the crowd and doing what you is the best for you.