How To Manage Life And Money As A Mom With Two Under Two?

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
The Most Important Thing For New Moms Is Self-Care

As a new mom, it's easy to get caught up in the never-ending cycle of taking care of your little ones. However, it's important to remember that you need to take care of yourself too. Make sure to schedule some time for yourself every day, even if it's just twenty minutes. During this time, you can do something that makes you happy, such as reading a book, taking a bath, or going for a walk.

Get Plenty of Rest and Eat a Healthy Diet

It's also important to make sure you're getting enough rest and eating a healthy diet. When you're sleep-deprived and run down, it's harder to deal with the challenges of motherhood. Eating nutritious meals will help you feel your best and give you the energy you need to keep up with your little ones.

Don't Be Afraid to Ask for Help

Finally, don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Whether it's hiring a babysitter so you can have some time to yourself or asking your partner to pitch in more around the house, getting assistance will allow you to focus on taking care of yourself.

You Need to Create a Budget and Stick to It

The first step to creating a budget is understanding where your money goes. For one month, track every penny you spend. At the end of the month, categorize your spending and see where you can cut back.

Cut Out unnecessary Expenses and Invest in Quality Childcare

Once you have a good idea of where your money is going, it's time to start cutting out unnecessary expenses. This may include things like eating out, buying new clothes, or getting coffee on the go. Instead, invest in quality childcare so you can feel good about spending time with your kids.

Have an Emergency Fund for Unexpected Expenses

Life with kids is unpredictable, so it's important to have an emergency fund for unexpected expenses. This could include medical bills, car repairs, or even last-minute babysitting fees. Aim to have at least $500 saved so you're prepared for whatever comes your way.

Etini

Valued Contributor
If anyone needs to make a budget and stick with it, it is a parent, most especially a mom. If anyone needs to have savings no matter how little, it is a single mother This is because children's health can be fragile and you need to have something to start with.

It is also important to cut down expenses that are not very essential because there are so many essentials that a mom would need to spend on. I don't agree wuthvthe part of looking for help. Motherhood is not handicapp and so doesn't mean you should go out to be doing alms collection.

Plan for your child even from the first day of conception. I have come to realize something and that is the fact that if you plan anything ahead of time and take actions early enough, that thing rarely fails. You can plan for your transition to motherhood early enough.

Shaf

Verified member
This is a tough one. I've never had two under two, but I had three under five an d I know how stressful it gets, especially with finances and shopping.
One of the most important tips I've picked up is that if you need a break, find someone to look after the kids for awhile. The closer they are related to you, the more confident you will be. Don't feel guilty, just do it and take the break.

Another important thing is to plan, especially at night. Things can get rowdy in the morning when they are leaving for school, or you have to go out. It also helps to create and stick to a budget, since those cuties can bribe their way into getting what they want with smiles and pleas.

Having fun activities that cost little is also another way to keep children happy and keep costs down. You can make simple toys from things you don't need at home, or make them healthy and new snacks to keep costs low.