How to maintain mental sanity

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Maintaining ones mental health is a very important thing to do . I found some useful tips on how you can manage and maintain your mental sanity

1)Get plenty of sleep
Sleep is really important for our physical and mental health. Sleep helps to regulate the chemicals in our brain that transmit information. These chemicals are important in managing our moods and emotions. If we don't get enough sleep, we can start to feel depressed or anxious.

2)Eat well
Eating well isn't just important for our bodies, but it's also important for our minds. Certain mineral deficiencies, such as iron and vitamin B12 deficiencies, can give us a low mood. Try to eat a balanced diet. If you find you're a particularly stressed or anxious person, you should try limiting or cutting out caffeine as this can make you feel jittery and anxious.

3)Get plenty of sunlight
Sunlight is a great source of vitamin D. Vitamin D is a really important vitamin for our bodies and our brains. It helps our brains to release chemicals which improve our mood, like endorphins and serotonin. Try to go out in the sun when you can, but make sure you keep your skin and eyes safe. 30 minutes to two hours a day of sunlight is ideal. During the winter, some people become depressed because they aren't getting enough sunlight - this is known as Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Some people find using a special light-therapy lamp helps to alleviate the symptoms.

4)Manage stress
Stress is often unavoidable, but knowing what triggers your stress and knowing how to cope is key in maintaining good mental health. Try to manage your responsibilities and worries by making a list or a schedule of when you can resolve each issue. Often if you break down your worries and stresses and write them down, you realise that they are manageable. Try to avoid burying your head in the sand, and tackle problems face on. If you find you are having trouble sleeping, or are waking up thinking about all of the things that are stressing you out, write them down and reassure yourself that you can deal with them in the morning.

How do you manage your mental health

Chibson

VIP Contributor
this is a very good tips you are trying here and of course I will try applying them because I personally do not get enough sleep due to the fact that I am a student and I'm also looking for ways in which I can make money on the internet. I always try my best to surround myself with people that have good vibes because it can really help.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
this is a very good tips you are trying here and of course I will try applying them because I personally do not get enough sleep due to the fact that I am a student and I'm also looking for ways in which I can make money on the internet. I always try my best to surround myself with people that have good vibes because it can really help.
It is very important to follow healthy tips inorder to maintain sanity. Mental health is what we should take seriously. Racking of the brain all the time to proffer solutions to a situation coupled with the biological activities of the brain, will weigh the brain down and that's not good for our health

Mika

VIP Contributor
The best way to keep your sanity intact is to never stay alone. When you are alone, your mind starts thinking a lot of things, and trust me, in most cases, your mind will brood on negative thoughts. Wen negative thoughts broods, it will control your mind, and also the nody. Always try to hang ou with people.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Getting enough sleep, manage stress, and receive some sunlight especially the morning own. Already the sleep can help us do away with depression that is caused by stress too. When we are feeling overworked, stressed up we should have adequate rest by taking to bed on time and not late in the night to settle down our stress.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The best way to keep your sanity intact is to never stay alone. When you are alone, your mind starts thinking a lot of things, and trust me, in most cases, your mind will brood on negative thoughts. Wen negative thoughts broods, it will control your mind, and also the nody. Always try to hang ou with people.
That's another useful tip mika. Loneliness kills and it could cause mental fatigue , when you rack your brain with too many thoughts . Most especially when the thoughts are negative, it stress the brain the more. You can free your mind by socializing with friends just like what you stated in your comment.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Getting enough sleep, manage stress, and receive some sunlight especially the morning own. Already the sleep can help us do away with depression that is caused by stress too. When we are feeling overworked, stressed up we should have adequate rest by taking to bed on time and not late in the night to settle down our stress.
It is always good to take a napp more often. Infact studies showed that w⁹

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's always good to take a napp more often. Infact studies showed that when you have a credible night sleep , it is equivalent to eating a balanced diet and also having a good exercise. Sleeping is a very important thing in our life and we should take it seriously.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It's always good to take a napp more often. Infact studies showed that when you have a credible night sleep , it is equivalent to eating a balanced diet and also having a good exercise. Sleeping is a very important thing in our life and we should take it seriously.
Sleeping is very necessary indeed in our health. If we can get at normal rate, six hours everyday it will improve our health and make us feel brand new during the early hours of the day. When we are stressed up deep sleep can help us adjust that, and feel alright the following money and not feeling overworked again.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Sleeping is very necessary indeed in our health. If we can get at normal rate, six hours everyday it will improve our health and make us feel brand new during the early hours of the day. When we are stressed up deep sleep can help us adjust that, and feel alright the following money and not feeling overworked again.
Do you know that so many sickness could be cured by just a sleep. Sleeplessness could pose
serious health challenges and it's very detrimental . We need to make it a duty to sleep very well so as to freshen up our body system for the next day activities. I always take napp just to revitalize my body system

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Do you know that so many sickness could be cured by just a sleep. Sleeplessness could pose
serious health challenges and it's very detrimental . We need to make it a duty to sleep very well so as to freshen up our body system for the next day activities. I always take napp just to revitalize my body system
You're correct dear. During the sleeping hours, that's when anti bodies act at its best to do internal job, strengthening our weak muscles and correcting some groin that we went through during some hard labour or sports activities. That's why when you wake up their are certain pains you won't experience again when you wake up. Anti bodies that fights against diseases have helped reduced the pains.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
You're correct dear. During the sleeping hours, that's when anti bodies act at its best to do internal job, strengthening our weak muscles and correcting some groin that we went through during some hard labour or sports activities. That's why when you wake up their are certain pains you won't experience again when you wake up. Anti bodies that fights against diseases have helped reduced the pains.
We can go on and on talking about the advantages of having a sufficient sleep. When you rack your brain when trying to solve some complex issues and you found out that you are gradually running out of ideas, just take a napp, you will notice that when you wake up, fresh ideas that aren't coming early will begin to pop up. That is the power of a sleep.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We can go on and on talking about the advantages of having a sufficient sleep. When you rack your brain when trying to solve some complex issues and you found out that you are gradually running out of ideas, just take a napp, you will notice that when you wake up, fresh ideas that aren't coming early will begin to pop up. That is the power of a sleep.
Its nice to always take a napp to sleep freely and forget about the sorrows of yesterday but seek fresh new ideas, and motivation the next day to carry on. One who doesn't have enough sleep consecutively have him or herself to blame when undue body dysfunction fall on him or her.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't joke with my mental health so I try to avoid people or even places that work against it. Yes doing the above mentioned activities helps a lot I recommend also avoiding very crowding and noisy environment. It will never be ok with your mental health.life is just too short to keep stressing self over nothing

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The major way to maintain mental health is not to cheat nature. Get sleep at the right time, don't go to bed late. If you are not having enough sleep, it's going to affect you psychologically, because the brain needs sleep to function effectively.

And again we have to able to manage our stress very well. We can engage in some light sports or we can take a break from work for some weeks, just to relax and relief stress.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Our mental health defines how sane we are and in this case I think it is the best thing for us to take care of it as it is an important part of our body even when we do not see it , a lot of people engage in taking of hard drugs but this is not the best for our mental health as they can have a dangerous effect on our mental well-being.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Our Mental and physical health are so important, especially when we are in the midst of a busy lifestyle.

Here are 5 tips on how to maintain your mental and physical health:

1. Eat a balanced diet.

Try to eat healthy every day, including fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, low-fat dairy products and healthy fats.

2. Exercise regularly.

Regular exercise can help you control your weight, reduce your risk of heart disease and certain cancers, improve your mood and boost your energy level! Even if you can't make it to the gym as often as you'd like, try to exercise for at least 30 minutes every day!

3. Get plenty of sleep.

Try to get 7 hours of sleep every night. If you feel tired during the day, take a nap to catch up. And naps aren't just for kids anymore! In fact, one study found that napping once or twice a week lowered one's risk of dying from heart disease by 34 percent!

4. Get regular medical care and screenings, it will help you.

Getting regular medical care is an important part of staying healthy—it can help protect against illness or detect problems before they start! For example, getting mammograms regularly is recommended for women over 40

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Its nice to always take a napp to sleep freely and forget about the sorrows of yesterday but seek fresh new ideas, and motivation the next day to carry on. One who doesn't have enough sleep consecutively have him or herself to blame when undue body dysfunction fall on him or her.
The best thing is to understand your body system. Whenever your body is reacting to stress, the best thing is to take a nap. You will notice that you will have very fresh ideas Whenever you have enough rest. The body needs enough rest for mental sanity. The brain should be well taken care off because it is the central coordinating system and any harm on this sensitive part would be very detrimental.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It will be detrimental indeed, the body needs to be taken care of you. Anything that goes wrong with the body system affects any other part, because we'll be feeling ill, which limits 100% functions.to our daily routine activities. It is advised to always take a good rest to keep our mental health at good condition. We shouldn't be drained mentally, physically, emotionally and otherwise due to workload. Just as you've said bro, it affects the sensitive organs, that makes them to experience deformity. No matter how I am engaging online and offline, I always find time though to relax our head when the stress is much on me, because I know it's implications, when I fail to rest our body properly when it seems of overworking myself.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I don't joke with my mental health so I try to avoid people or even places that work against it. Yes doing the above mentioned activities helps a lot I recommend also avoiding very crowding and noisy environment. It will never be ok with your mental health.life is just too short to keep stressing self over nothing
That's exactly what we should always consider. Our mental health is very important . It is very important to take very good care of our mental sanity by taking enough rest and eating a very good food. It should be balance diet . This are what would keep you from all sorts of mental fatigue. I always take the necessary precautions inoder to ensure a sound mental health.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Definitely, our mental health is one aspect of our lives we need to look out because it will help us to stay sane. Anything that will disrupt it should be avoided at all cost. The most for the mental health should be lifestyle changes. it is good to always stay from smoking and drinking. These two can so distort one's senses and mentality as such one should be careful not to indulge let alone over indulge in them.

Another is spending time with toxic or demaged people. you would be puncturing your mental health staying with these kind of people. The truth is that damaged people damage others so instead of staying where your mental health be damage you rather stay on your own.
The last one will be to eat healthy foods that will help to nourish the body and help ones mental health. This is an essential thing to do .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Giving our mental faculties and properties the ability to rest is very essential to improve our mental sanity . As we all know the night time is meant for sleeping and resting , thereby rehabilitating and rejuvenating our body for the next day activities . And depriving our brain properties and faculties the ability to rest and sleep by carrying out various remaining day activities we will make our mental faculties unmotivated , dispoised and unable to effectively carry out the next day activities . Because as a result of depriving it the ability to rest and sleep we began to feel dizzy , tired , and weak to work or carry out various activities the next day , thereby deteriorating our mental faculties and sanity .

Another way to keep a proper mental faculty and sanity is to improve in our nutrition intake . According to doctor and health analyst the consumption of vegetable food like carrots , apples , banana , cucumber , cabbage , mushroom etc . Are suitable for our brain and mental health keeping it sane and alert to carry out their activities . Finally , playing mental and brainly games like scrabble , word pizzles , cross words , and riddle also goes a long way to improve our mental sanity .