How To Have A Successful Career As A Fisherman?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many people in my country who are into the business of fishery. They are the ones who own boats or rent boats and they are those people who sail the boat across the sea and catch fishes to make a living. It is a really hard job and in many cases it is a dangerous job, actually. There have been many cases of many fishermen losing their lives due to storm in the sea. The boat usually sinks and the people lose their lives. Regardless of that, the industry of fishery is thriving a lot in the country. many fishermen sell shrimps, fishes, crabs, and other seafood items at wholesale rate in a separate part of the city.

The business of fishery is quite old in my city because I live in a city that borders ocean directly. This means that here is a lot of scope for people who are willing to work as fishermen. usually, many experienced fishermen are the ones who go across the waters to catch fish and other creatures in the sea. I am not sure if we can call it a "White Collar Career', but it is a kind of career many people choose. So, how to pursue a career as a fishermen?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Our country is an archipelago that has many coastal areas. Fishing is a big industry but lately I have learned that fishermen are now using bigger boats so they can go to the open sea that is 10 hours away from shore. That is the way to catch big fishes like tuna and marlin which are expensive fishes here. With the fisherman there are the fishers who work on a commission basis. The boat owner is like a project manager who handles the capital of the trip. The fishers do the hard work of laying the net or using the fishing rod to catch the big fishes. The boat is equipped with a cooler to preserve the fish that they catch. At the end of the trip the boat owner earns big while the fishers earn just enough. The trip has a duration of 4 days to more than a week in the sea.

Based on what I see a fisherman is not a good career because of the dangers in the trade. The income is just enough for the family and when there are storms or typhoons that the boat cannot go to sea then the fishermen will get hungry.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Fishing could really be a profitable business depending in the location you are interested to establish it . Location relay plays a very important factors , well in Africa I believe it can still be profitable . even in the western countries because it is a worldwide business that anyone can engage into but first of all I think you needs to get permission from the government to carry out fishing activities is necessary.

And also some location might be risky over here because of high level of insecurities and sea pirates. Probably establishing this business in a location that is highly secure is the best because without that there will be no risk of being killed or kidnapped.

Face of all you need to raise the needed money to purchase a boat, a fishing boat. From my understanding consists of a lot of things , sometimes it has a refrigerator and sometimes it also has a power room that all these are being controlled.

The first stage is just to get a boat and the second stage is just to try as much as possible to register with the government for you to get the necessary permission to carry out fishing activities without any hindrance or disturbance by anybody.