If you happen to find a broken link on your site. It is a huge problem, and you need to fix it As soon as possible. Why? It will harm your sites SEO, and think about what your audience would feel if they click on some link and it takes them to some 404 error page You'd probably lose some level of trustworthiness don't you think?
But Good thing they are four ways to fix these broken links (well four ways am aware of)

There are 4 ways to fix broken internal links:
1. It Could Be A Typo
Hope you know what a typo is because am not ready to explain
I think this one is probably self explained, maybe you wanted to type something else and because of stress and all that you type a whole lot different and didn't realise.
So if your broken link is because of a misspelling then fix it. Problem solved.

2. Make The Page Real Again
This isn't always the best solution but if you want to keep it and also keep the SEO benefit you got to make it real again.
yeah but it doesn't make sense right?

But if the missing page has backlinks pointing to it and, it's pointing to you in a really heavy way then you to recreate it even though this one is more work.

But you've probably seen this Or maybe not, but they are called PBN backlinks basically private blog network, so this is like a site (domains) that could be used to rank your site higher in search engines..This domains used to be real sites before.. but was probably sold or left to expire.
So all you have to do it
purchase a domain from sites that sell (auctions) domains...Then i use it to link back to my own website okay..

4. Delete the Broken Link

Well I guess this should have been the second because its so simple and doesn't really require any blogging mombo jumbo

Though the down Side is that you lose any opportunity for maintaining link juice or increasing traffic
So therefore only delete broken links if its your best judgement.
so how do you know if its your best judgement, I guess that's another Google search or not.

4. Redirects
so Google actually has a safer way to fix broken links, Guess I should have used these first. But I guess I saved the best for last.
for me though.

so using redirects to fix broken internal links. Basically redirect to a page with relevant content to the former. Both in content and in tags.
Though redirecting a broken link does actually take a bit of time, but will I guess it also keeps the link juice flowing. And also gets you more page views plus good SEO so Why not.

Euler

Get to work. That way things happen. For example, Wikipedia removes an unnecessary page or combines two pages. You need to change the address on the broken link to take you to a new page. If the broken link appeared as a result of the fact that the site no longer exists, you can either refer to the same page in the web archive or find a suitable replacement for the old link. If the broken link appeared because the site is not available - check if this lasts a long time. There is always a chance that the issues are temporary and are associated with DDos hosting. If you refer to a page on the site, the structure and CNC have changed, your task is to find an old page with a new URL and write it in place of the old one. If the page is deleted and you can't find a replacement for it or find it at a new address – there's nothing to be done, you'll need to remove the corrupted link completely. That way, link after link, you'll get rid of broken links. Yes, this will take some time. But that's how you show respect and care to visitors coming to your site from social media and search engines.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I only need to save the post for future reference. I don't have any website for now but the post will seem relevant especially when I start my blog that I wish to start soon. I know by then I will understand most of the things that you put up there.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There is a tool called a broken link checker. You can find it by googling. Enter your website url and check for the broken links. The tool will show all the broken links on your site and on what page they are located. You will then have to go to the pages where there are broken links and delete the broken link manually. It is important to delete broken links even for adsense approval.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you have shared a lot of links on your site, it is really difficult to find the broken links manually, therefore, you need a tool to check your broken link. If your site contain a lot of broken links it can be really frustrating to find them and fix manually.