How To Deal With Toxic Clients As A Freelancer

moonchild

VIP Contributor
As a freelancer you'll meet different kind of clients the good, the bad and the ugly. It's your work to sift through and know the ones worth working with and the ones that should be ignored and avoid, you should have rules to identify a toxic client, they're bad for your business, a single negative review on your website or freelance profiles can cost you your business.

Firstly, make sure every thing is documented from the start, if you're working with freelance platforms it's not hard at all because they help you with that, but you should also have a backup, because if a client open a dispute on your gig, the platform will side with the client most of the times whether they're right or wrong.

Secondly, no matter how hard a clients come at you maintain your stand and be brief with them, don't fight back or reply harshly as they do, you can cut off the gig or report them. Maintaining your mental health and reputation is way better than your clap back.

Thirdly, if some one leave a negative comments on your page or profile, reply politely and professionally, with this, if a potential clients see it, he will see how patient you're and laid back your personality is, it wouldn't hurt your reputation at all.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
In all honesty, it is certain to come across clients like this as a freelancer, and it is not only in such line of career that one is like to meet people like that, it is generally in every business or job, these set of people are usually ready to frustrate you because they overuse the term that says “Customer is always right” but when it is getting to your nerves, then it will start becoming unbearable for the seller and it might lead to anything bad in the manner of violence, when the seller gets to the level of frustration, this usually happens if you ask me.

Victorial

Some customers are just can't be satisfied no matter how hard you try. They will try to use their power over you that you need the money while they can always get the services from another person. Dealing with them can be very frustrating but the problems can be overtaken if you are very patient. Still, one cannot please all of the Clients and must be ready to let go if necessary. I am a writer and I have worked for people online and offline.

In my line of business and experience so far, the women are always giving me problems.