How to Deal With Late Rent

Jasz

VIP Contributor
When dealing with late rent, there are a few key questions to ask yourself:
Is the tenant paying late consistently? It's often best to start an eviction process with tenants who have a history of paying late. If you've got one or two tenants who are consistently tardy on their rent and you're not sure how to proceed, it may be time to call in a professional.

What is your tolerance for late rent? If you're flexible and willing to accommodate short-term financial hardship, then you can afford more leeway when it comes to late payments. However, if your business depends on timely rent payments and you're unwilling to compromise, then it might be time for an eviction.

Are there any other violations by this tenant? If there are other violations (such as excessive noise or pets), it's best for both parties if you evict the tenant rather than try and work things out.

I don't pray to ever be in a situation where I don't have money to pay my rent,where I have to be begging the landlord every time to give me more time. Yes it is not so easy to pay house rents, especially if you live in more than a room apartment,the pay is always high,depends on the location though. Personally if my tenant usually do pay house rent when due and a time comes when there is no money and ask for a grave of more time,I would be willing to let such tenant stays till they can provide the money.

But you see a situation where a tenant is trying to be stobborn, refuse to pay house rent for not concrete reason,then it's eviction. Some tenants don't take care of the house they live in,yet they delay the rents,you honestly do not want the landlord to fold hands and watch his house been kept like a refuse dumb, cos I have definitely seen someone who does this and changed from one house to another,why because no landlord tolerates it.