How to deal with a mean colleague

Augusta

VIP Contributor
The truth is that some co-workers can be very mean with the next worker. And this can affect your progress at work. To overcome this will need you to deal with the situation decisively to overcome this and still enjoy your job. You can do the following;

Find out the root of the problem especially if your job is really competitive to be sure you are not unknowingly over stepping your boundaries.

Stand up for your self politely. Let the person know you are not down with such behavior and try to stop with such. Be more convincing with your stance but not be confrontational.

Get help if you can't solely handle it. Let others at work know about it maybe your friends and the management. Let them know how it is affecting your job.

Add yours?.

I am always cool with people no matter their nature. I have many rules about how to deal with people. First is that I treat people based on their nature and not base on my nature. If you are nice to me, I can be very nice to you and if you treat me like a rag, I will use you to clean the floor as well.

I am always cool with people no matter their nature. I have many rules about how to deal with people. First is that I treat people based on their nature and not base on my nature. If you are nice to me, I can be very nice to you and if you treat me like a rag, I will use you to clean the floor as well.
Lol this is definitely tit for tat but people need to be treated this way sometimes which is like giving them a doze of their medicine but then I prefer reporting such situations to higher authorities. They might help you settle the whole issue amicably incase there's something about you that it rubbing off the other person negatively

This may not really be a big deal because every business organisation have their own rules and regulation and one of the rules and regulation is politeness in a business organisation and any employee who is not able to fit into this regulation is expected to be fired because they are not ready to work, I don't really have time.

It zaps your energy when you are trying hard to deal with toxic people in the workplace. If care is not taken it is going to affect your productivity in the workplace. The best thing is to focus on your own job. If you discover that the person is trespassing it will be very good to report to the right authority in the workplace. Never have it in mind to engage people with negative vibes.

When I was working in a company, I had a lot of mean colleagues. They tried to do personal work for the manager in order to get the benefits. They did get benefits. However, I never bothered to deal with them and I played my cool and continues working on my jobs.

There was a time when even I had to face such kind of so-called "co-workers" who used to bully me. Thankfully I never had to deal with such kind of useless people for a long time and now I am working online and no longer facing such problems. I know that sometimes you have no option but to face such kind of "co-workers" and you have no other option but to tolerate such people.

Why do you have to deal with someone who is mean towards you? Why can't you be just you by playing your cool and leave the mean colleague to play his own tricks? If I had someone who was mean to me in my workplace, I would just tell him go F*** yourself.