How to create a paypal account that can send and receive money in nigeria 🇳🇬

Ajebo25

Verified member
PayPal is an electronic online account which can be used to send and receive money or make payments online. PayPal is restricted is some Africa countries and as we know Nigeria is not an exception, PayPal can only send money in Nigeria but you can't receive money with a PayPal account in Nigeria due too some reasons best known to them and the government. Even if you have money in your PayPal account it can't be withdrawn in nigeria.

Am here to teach you another way to receive and send money through PayPal in nigeria this method is called Lesotho PayPal which is simple to create and you will get your own validP ayPal account within minutes.

how to create a PayPal account that can send and receive money in nigeria

to start copy this link

https://www.paypal.com/ls/webapps/mpp/machant and paste in your browser and you will be taken to the Lesotho PayPal website Scroll down and check to be sure that there is Lesotho country logo at the bottom of the page.

Note that is the URL you will be using to login whenever you want to access your account.

2) click on get started then click on business account and register with your valid email address.

Note: it must be a gmail or custom email not yahoo mail

3) you will be asked for your personal information make sure you enter them correctly and cross check.

4) enter your valid email address and your business name and password your business name can be anything then click proceed and enter your phone number.

Note: make sure you changed the country to Nigeria and input your Nigeria phone number e.g 8128333856 ( do not start with +234 and omit 0

5) leave your primary currency and US dollars and they will ask you more about your business select individual

6) You will be taken to account holders information page where you will be required to verify who you are. Choose Nigeria as your Nationality and input your National ID card number in the required area or use other options like Driver’s license and others just make sure you enter the number of any document that you wanted to use either nin or drivers license or even voters card.

A verification link will be sent to the email address you registered with check your email inbox and verify an that's it?!! You now have a PayPal account that can send and receive money in nigeria.

arunima25

Verified member
That is an informative article. And if things really work, it would be helpful to so many Nigerian people. PayPal is restricted in many nations and I often hear people talking about this on various forums. They have to skip joining sites that pay only in the PayPal account. I hope that this will provide them sn alternative method to do the same. And hopefully this is a legal way and would not let them in trouble. No body would like to take a risk with their hard earned money taking a illegal way.
Luckily, PayPal account works well with Indian users. We have certain restrictions with the PayPal account in our country with the government laws. We can not accumulate our money there and let it build up to a big amount and then request for the withdrawal. As soon as anh money comes to our verified Paypal account, it is automatically transferred to the linked bank account within 48 hours. Www don't need to request for the withdrawal. PayPal takes the fee and the money is safely on our bank account without any hassles of requesting for the withdrawal. This way it is more convenient. I am not sure about the rules with transactions with PayPal. I use it only for getting my online earning and it is working well.

Finger Geek

Verified member
This is risking our funds. Since it is a way to bypass PayPal restrictions and this is illegal. Anything can happen to the account which will also make us to lose our funds.
I have also registered using this trick. And I used it for some transactions. But it got to a time that I was asked to verify my account by receiving verification code to my phone number. But because I did not insert my correct phone number. I was unable to verify the account and I lost it.
So this method is risky. It can only be used for small funds that when lost it will not be painful.

arunima25

Verified member
@Finger Geek.. it's good that you have shared your personal experience here. This would alarm others too and make them aware of the risks that they might take.
That was my concern too. And that's why I have expressed it in my reply that if it's illegal or bypassing the rules and regulations of PayPal, one might end up loosing the hard earned money.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Just let me tell you that you cannot rely on that account. Many Nigerians especially he created a Lesotho account and ended up getting banned. The works part of it is that you will be restricted when you receive large sum and your assets will be frozen. Since you registered a business account you will be asked to provide documents to prove that you really have the business and it's functional. This is where the trouble comes in, if you can't provide genuine information just say bye to your money. Yes it might work for a while, but when you start receiving more money it will definitely be flagged. This is what we go through because of where we live, though I don't really blame PayPal.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't know why PayPal do this akm the time. They will over look your account when you are just receiving small amount into your account but when once you get more money into it it will be sanction. Sometimes I just think they want to withhold people money because I don't understand why they should be doing this if not to take people money.

Wheh you have little amount you wouldn't be asked to verified anything but just get influx of money and boom you can no longer access your account
we just have to be careful to avoid our hard earned cash being ceased

Finger Geek

Verified member
@Finger Geek.. it's good that you have shared your personal experience here. This would alarm others too and make them aware of the risks that they might take.
That was my concern too. And that's why I have expressed it in my reply that if it's illegal or bypassing the rules and regulations of PayPal, one might end up loosing the hard earned money.
It is not legal. A day will come that you will face PayPal by asking your to verify your phone number and you will not be able to do so. So since you have a wrong phone number, it will be impossible to verify it. At the end of it they will suspend the account and your funds will be gone.
The best way to have a verified PayPal account is to know someone from a PayPal verified country and ask them to open and verify a PayPal account for you. With that, if problem arises next time. You will be able to verify that it is you.

arunima25

Verified member
It is not legal. A day will come that you will face PayPal by asking your to verify your phone number and you will not be able to do so. So since you have a wrong phone number, it will be impossible to verify it. At the end of it they will suspend the account and your funds will be gone.
The best way to have a verified PayPal account is to know someone from a PayPal verified country and ask them to open and verify a PayPal account for you. With that, if problem arises next time. You will be able to verify that it is you.
Hmm... that's a good idea. But then the person should be well known to you and he/she should trust you enough to open an account for you. I am not sure if we can open more than one PayPal account with the same phone number and email id.
My country has not banned Paypal and so I am happy using it. But I would not be willing to open one for someone in some other country on my behalf. Unless I don't know the person very well, I am not sure if the account opened on my behalf can be misused. So, I would not take that risk and would like to stay away from that.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Hmm... that's a good idea. But then the person should be well known to you and he/she should trust you enough to open an account for you. I am not sure if we can open more than one PayPal account with the same phone number and email id.
My country has not banned Paypal and so I am happy using it. But I would not be willing to open one for someone in some other country on my behalf. Unless I don't know the person very well, I am not sure if the account opened on my behalf can be misused. So, I would not take that risk and would like to stay away from that.
I don't think that there is problem with opening more than one accounts with one PayPal account. Because I have more than one accounts and I have three accounts that are opened with one phone number and I have no problem with it since more than 6 months that I have been using it.
But I don't think that they accept more than one accounts for same email address because the email address is kind of user name to login and as account id to receive funds.

arunima25

Verified member
@Finger Geek . Thanks for that information. I have not tried opening more than one PayPal account and so I was not aware of that.
Anyway, I would never be comfortable opening account on my behalf for someone else from other country unless I know the person very well to trust him.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thank you for the information. PayPal account generally is not suitable to be use here for payment because you cannot receive your payment here directly to your bank account.

The idea you are giving us is just a general idea on how PayPal accounts can be created in locations in which it is not accepted. But that is not the guarantee that you will be able to convert your PayPal fund to your bank account.

The stress will be much even if there is opportunity to do it and as such a lot of people will always prefer to sell their own to vendors that buys it.