How to avoid being frustrated by toxic customers

Jamoflondon

Verified member
It is not news that sellers do face different challenges in their businesses, most especially the petty traders, and most of these challenges are usually from their customers, there are some of them that are toxic in nature, please no one should be offended by what I said, the reason why I said it is that some of them just derive joy in frustrating the person they want to buy from, which is not fair to do, if you ask me. Well some of them do not do it on purpose though, probably they transfer the aggression they get earlier from a particular scenario that happened to them, nevertheless it should not be that way.
Actually I was able to come up with some ideas that might help any business owner to avoid toxic customers, which are;
1. Use fixed price
2. Don’t accept returned goods

1. Use fixed price: This might sound like a harsh manner though but if you make your research well, you will notice that most of the issues that usually happens between buyers and sellers are mostly related or based on the price negotiations which could lead to misunderstanding.
2. Don’t accept retuned goods: Yes, this works effectively, my mom is a trader, and she told me that a customer once tried to return an item back to her after two weeks, and she was even expecting a refund. Imagine that, so let your customers or clients know that you don’t welcome such act, you can even write it on the receipt.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Sometimes in business customers , clients , and consumers lay unnecessary complaints which is absolutely and obviously caused and Borne by the client , consumers , and customers themselves . In situation like this the business owner or the business manager may lose his temper and become angry there by joining in the quarry start up by the customer or client . But with self-control a business owner will will totally endeavour not to see a customers complain as a way to express anger , he or she must understand that laying complains is one thing and that a business owner will always face from his customers and clients . And just like most textbooks and college journals will tell you customers complaint is totally inevitable in business , because they will always keep coming .

As a business owner you must endeavour to express a attitude and quality of self-control . being self controlled will help you to come heal your body not to what goes on in the business organisation but absolutely what should be done in the business organisation at the proper time and at the proper moment . Rather than giving way to anger during a customer complaint , the best way to handle this situation is by carefully listening to him or her and if possibly the situation could be harnessed by you , you should not hesitate but quickly solve the matter , but if the problem is absolutely caused or borne by the customer or client you must make him or her to understand in a low and polite tone and voice that his or her reason to complaint is totally not your fault . It is advised that even though the customer complaints is absolutely borne by the customer or client themselves , and yet he or she knows and still make complaints it is advisable to contact the authorities in this situation rather than taking matters into your own hand .

E

eldavis

The funny thing about this whole thing is that customers have so many other ways to frustrate you on a daily basis. There are times even when you have given a fixed price, they would still want to price it or say things that would totally annoy you.
I am currently working in a place where I come across so many kinds of customers, and trust me they are extremely frustrating and annoying. There was a time I even raised my voice on one. It's not easy honestly.

moneyteam

First, it's important to remember that not all customers are toxic. In fact, the majority of customers are reasonable and pleasant to work with. However, every business will inevitably encounter a few bad apples, customers who are rude, demanding, or just plain difficult.

So how can you avoid becoming frustrated by these toxic customers? Here are a two tips:

1. Stay calm and collected. No matter what the customer does or says, stay professional and polite. If you start to get angry or frustrated, take a break from the situation until you can regain your composure.

2. Set boundaries. If a customer is crossing the line, let them know in a polite but firm way.