How to Advise Someone to Start a Business

Shaf

Verified member
I have a family member who I believe will run a business well. It's not easy to approach the person because I've had bad experiences with other people advising them to start a business.

This applies especially to online business as many people consider everything to be a scam. Even when you show them payment proofs and testimonials of people who have succeeded, they doubt the business or themselves and don't do it. Some will consider the earnings low or they will say it takes time, like in blogging.

Which approach would be best for such individuals to convince them that working online and owning a business really pays?

Heartstrings

Personally I am been careful on the type of businesses I engage myself in online,why because I have had more than twice scam experience and I wouldn't want to fall into such again,truly there are some online business earnings that are very low and takes time,so I do those types of stuffs as my second plan of income.

When I see a payment proof and good testimonies,well convinced how legit and genuine it is,I won't have a second thought,I will jump right into it with my whole, because these days that the economy is hard,any legit means is sure goes a long way. Such time of people who are always in doubt,you will just have to leave them on their own to believe what ever they want to believe, since you have tried your best to help them in your possible ways financially. You can as well show them your own proof.to prove to them how serious you are and genuine the business is.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
it is always good to find out first if the person will be able to do business I used to believe that business is not meant for everybody no matter how you want to look at it it is not everything that everyone can do so if one is not meant to succeed in business that's in it or being told to start a business will not make any sense.

This is why it is good to assess the person financial capability and be sure the person can succeed with a business and you can go ahead to mention it to the person and see how it goes. There's no two ways about it, it is to sit-down with the person and present your suggestions diversify and you can go ahead try and call the customer by telling the person the attributes you're seeing that you believe the person can do well in business this can help.

Jone225

I'm enjoying the extra income platform
this site pays you $99.00 dola or 23.00 dollars for the section you do
click on the link to regis
comment here, I will be posting this post daily so that everyone can have this access and make an extra income... after 25 posts I can send a link to everyone ok, more comment, because it is the opportunity to win

King bell

VIP Contributor
To advise someone to start a business, the first step is to ensure that they have a business idea that is viable and that they are passionate about. Once they have these key components, the next step is to create a business plan. This document will serve as a roadmap for the business and will help to keep the individual on track as they work to get the business off the ground.

After the business plan is created, the next step is to start marketing the business. This can be done through online channels, such as social media and blogging, or offline channels, such as flyer distribution and Chamber of Commerce events. The important thing is to get the word out about the business and to start generating interest.

Once the business is up and running, it is important to continue to work on marketing and to always be thinking about ways to improve the business. Additionally, it is important to stay organized and to keep track of finances in order to ensure that the business is profitable.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Starting a business is first of all a very good income generating idea and sincerely speaking majority of people have been able to earn a living and makes ends meet for themselves as a result of establishing a business. To establish a business is not all about finding the right location and having sufficient and adequate capital to bring your business idea into existence, rather to be effective and successful in your business you need to do more than just finding the right location and having sufficient capital.

To be more clear and elaborate you need to be experienced and trained about what it means to own and manage a business. One of the common problems majority of business owners and managers face in the process of handling their business responsibilities and practices is basically the fact of poor management and that is absolutely caused due to the inexperience and untrained mindset towards business itself.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Advising someone on something he or she does not have the zeal to do may be really risky. I personally think that sometimes you must allow people to do what they see as the best thing.

But from the scenario you painted, your sibling looks good on business. But he or she has not been into it and you want to motivate such a person. So the best thing that you will do Is to actually have a dialogue.

Sit and ask about why such a person having the potential for business success will refuse to go into any business. From there you may get some clues but there are times when such people will actually give no reason.

So I think you have to give the person reasons to go into the business. Tell him or her about how good business is and how well it befits him or her and also tell him how somethings will be run and how he or she will benefit from it.

AfriPeeps Official

I have a family member who I believe will run a business well. It's not easy to approach the person because I've had bad experiences with other people advising them to start a business.

This applies especially to online business as many people consider everything to be a scam. Even when you show them payment proofs and testimonials of people who have succeeded, they doubt the business or themselves and don't do it. Some will consider the earnings low or they will say it takes time, like in blogging.

Which approach would be best for such individuals to convince them that working online and owning a business really pays?
The best way to advice and simply convince someone that working online really pays is by showing them your own evidence of payment. What I have come to realize is that people prefer an evidence than words of mouth, even if all you can provide is a payment screenshot, it is enough to convince them.

Johnson2468

Valued Contributor
If you are looking to advise someone on how to start their own business, here are few tips that can make a big difference.
First, encourage them to focus on their strengths and passions. Being passionate about what you're doing will help you stay motivated during the challenging times that come with starting a business.
Also, encourage them to view their business as a long-term investment in the second place. Short-term successes are tempting, but creating a long-lasting business takes time and commitment. Advise them to surround themselves with a strong support system. Starting a business can be isolating, and having a network of supportive friends, family, and mentors can make all the difference.

Ephy

The best advice that you can give to such a person, let your business that you are currently doing make noise for you. Just do it to your best and make sure its giving you the best results that even him can see the changes that the business is doing to your life. Make sure he or she sees your success let him be the first one to notice the changes that you have made.

It's simple to attract him make sure whatever you are doing is profitable and has good results that anyone can admire to do. Share with him not only testimonials but one just surprise that person with a gift do a thing that you have never done for him before. Then wait for the reactions. Here you have to work smart use your success to attract him that is the best strategy that you can use.

Bisolami

Verified member

It is not even an easy thing to advise someone to start up a business. Some people may feel offended and they will take it the other way round. You know we are different people and we have different ways that we think so some people can just come up with wrong motives that you want to scam them or all sort of things which may even discourage you from advising other people to start up a business. I know how it feels because it has happened to me before and that is why I keep such kind of advise to myself instead of sharing it.

Amzil

Well i think you should think about the niche first, and make sure its about wealth or relationships cause these are most used niches on the internet right now, but look what it fits for you, and it is important to understand the interest to start a business, this will help you to choose what is the good choice, and do some research in the market and understand how highly demand is that product you're trying to sell or service, and make a good plan and strategies, this will help you

Bisolami

Verified member
Well i think you should think about the niche first, and make sure its about wealth or relationships cause these are most used niches on the internet right now, but look what it fits for you, and it is important to understand the interest to start a business, this will help you to choose what is the good choice, and do some research in the market and understand how highly demand is that product you're trying to sell or service, and make a good plan and strategies, this will help you
You are right that those niches are very popular now and those are the things that people are focusing on. We hardly see someone who focuses on other things aside from wealth, relationships, and health.
Well, a lot of people also love entertainment news. I don't think there is someone out there who does not like to be entertained. I cannot even mention one. Entertainment is good for us because it keeps us happy and that is why some people always love to read some celebrity news whenever they are free just to while away time. I do that a lot too anytime I am free and bored.

Activator230822

Verified member
For me I think you can always have these people wasting g your own time convincing them abou starting an online business or joining an online earning website. However the majority of the people who I convince them to join the earning sites they do join but they normally respect the invitation by by joining the sites and after that they choose to remain inactive for the sites.
Even if you show them the payment proofs these people would never shown any interests in joining.

The online businesses on the other hand also doesn't have any difference to it. Most people are not even ready to work on the

Ramolak19

Verified member
Anyway it’s good to advise people to start business in other to build their wealth while some people might find it difficult to make that decision most especially the salary earners because they have budget them self on monthly income

You can just encourage them and create a business plan for them. Although some of would still find it difficult to get started because of start up capital that required. You will do a lot of work for him or her to be on track

Tell them to take risks to invest while you still need to show them how the profit multiply

Nite

Valued Contributor
If you really feel that someone has what it takes to start a business then you need to first tell them “why” you are convincing them to start up with something because they have all the qualities that business requires, intelligence, hardworking, perseverance and more. Second, give them some examples of famous business leaders. You need to instill confidence in them and tell them how you feel they can also run a successful business. That is a good way to start. Remind them of their past achievements too. Once they realise they don't have much to lose and lot to gain, it'll be easier to convince them.

Bisolami

Verified member
If you really feel that someone has what it takes to start a business then you need to first tell them “why” you are convincing them to start up with something because they have all the qualities that business requires, intelligence, hardworking, perseverance and more. Second, give them some examples of famous business leaders. You need to instill confidence in them and tell them how you feel they can also run a successful business. That is a good way to start. Remind them of their past achievements too. Once they realise they don't have much to lose and lot to gain, it'll be easier to convince them.
I always feel sad about the fact that some people have the money and every other thing they can use to start up a business but they will not start up the business because of one flimsy excuse or the other.

It is just so sad that there are a lot of people out there who are willing to start up a business but they do not have enough capital to do so and someone out there has the capital and also the skills but decided not to start up the business.

I don't know what to call it but it is weird.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Even the biggest businessmen do feel fear and have insecurities. Most common fear which stops the people who have the potential to become good entrepreneurs is failure. Who likes experiencing failure? No one.

Majority of people out there , even if they have an unfulfilling job, it is a better option than experiencing an outright failure in business which is damaging to their confidence. But what they are missing out is that failure can teach you in creating extraordinary ideas and make you good as a businessman. People need to overcome their fear first so they can start a business.

Bisolami

Verified member
Even the biggest businessmen do feel fear and have insecurities. Most common fear which stops the people who have the potential to become good entrepreneurs is failure. Who likes experiencing failure? No one.

Majority of people out there , even if they have an unfulfilling job, it is a better option than experiencing an outright failure in business which is damaging to their confidence. But what they are missing out is that failure can teach you in creating extraordinary ideas and make you good as a businessman. People need to overcome their fear first so they can start a business.
I think I can say that failure is one of the things that everyone or every person who wants to be successful will experience. Failure is known to be something that is very bad but I don't think it is as bad as we put it because we are surely going to learn some things when we fail will and it will not repeat itself anymore.

I think that is a better idea. A business person should not try to be perfect. If his business fails, he should just move on. We can never stop learning. We learn all the time.

rubesh

Valued Contributor
It's fantastic that you perceive your family member as having the ability to manage a successful business. But, given their past knowledge with others pushing them to establish a company, it's critical to handle the topic with tact.

One strategy may be to concentrate on the advantages and possible benefits of beginning an internet company. Instead of focusing primarily on the money advantages, you should also mention the flexibility and independence that come with being your own company. In the long haul, while it may take time and work to develop a successful internet business, it may be a source of passive income and financial stability.