How Profitable is Clothing Business?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
All business that deals with essentials can be profitable. People will always buy clothes because they need them, just like food, it is essential item, therefore, it is profitable. However, how profitable is clothing business? Is it easy to build a profitable clothing business. Well, it all depends on what kind of clothes you make. Because of recession and inflation, most people are struggling with money, so they can't buy pricey stuff. Therefore, if you are offering affordable garments like basic t-shirts and pants, it might be easier to generate sales. If you want to make fancy fashion items, you'll need to find your niche market and target the right customers.

Axis

Banned
Establishing a clothing business is a good business idea and very much lucrative but it is totally expected that before establishing a business like a cloth business possible factors must be considered. Establishing a cloth business first of all is a good business because clothes is a human need not want and a lot of individuals wear clothes to different occasions or to anyway at all that they see themselves. The location of the business must be a paramount Factor because without proper audience to recognize and to notice your clothes store or business environment then they will be no profit made.

Another factor to consider is trend of clothings that are actually trending in such environment, you must take your time wisely and effectively to examine whether for sure a particular clothes trend is actually paying and if it is then you should go for it.

Etini

Valued Contributor
Any business that satisfies the three basic needs of man would be highly profitable and clothing business does just that. Beyond that general value proposition, you would need to have your own unique value proposition for your clothing business for it to be distinguished from other clothing business and get market attractions.

The clothes you make to sell must always be to client's specification for the client to come back. And another thing, you should have a fast delivery timeframe to be able to keep customers. In all, clothing business is very profitable but you need strategy and ingenuity to make your own profitable.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have sold clothing items through print on demand business model. I do not generate a lot of sales but I sell a few tshirts once in a while and I believe selling clothes, online or offline, can be highly profitable. I think it is also one of the low investment businesses that you can try. You do not always have to manufacture clothes, you can acquire and resell. You can even sell without building your inventory. However, this does not mean you start selling today and make money tomorrow

ZacSc

I have sold clothing items through print on demand business model. I do not generate a lot of sales but I sell a few tshirts once in a while and I believe selling clothes, online or offline, can be highly profitable. I think it is also one of the low investment businesses that you can try. You do not always have to manufacture clothes, you can acquire and resell. You can even sell without building your inventory. However, this does not mean you start selling today and make money tomorrow
A lot of sellers don't make clothes, they just resell them. Look at the marketplaces. There are a lot of the same clothes at different prices from different sellers. But only the manufacturer can put the lowest price.