Shares/Stock How much of your savings are you comfortable investing?

greenieS

Verified member
As the title says, how much of your savings are you comfortable investing and in what? Do you prefer to invest in a property, to have a share in a company, to invest in a stock maybe?

Usually from my monthly income, about 50% I would be willing to invest and invest without any problems or frustration.

How is it in your case?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Right now I have more than $10,000 in the bank which is my sustenance for more than a year. I am retired and I am in the process of looking for a way to earn an income as a supplement to my pension. Of my money in the bank maybe I can invest 20% which can stay in the investment for more than a year. Stock investment is a long term so I have to know if I would use the money soon otherwise I do not need to invest. To be honest, my mind quite confused with the funds that I presently have in my bank account. I am torn between keeping it in the bank and investing it. However, I already have $20,000 that is invested in stocks so I can probably afford to just keep the rest of my money in the bank.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I do not have much to invest. Therefore, I am quite cautious when it comes to trading. I am not trading in stocks right now, but I am trading in cryptocurrencies as of now. I plan to invest more in cryptocurrencies and this is why I am saving more and more money in order to benefit more from my trading activities. Since trading is risky, I am sure that many people would not invest all the amount albeit some people do invest whatever they have and in that case they would need to be really careful with their investment strategies. I have currently invested around $70-$80. I plan to invest more within a few months.