General insurance How Many Insurance Companies Are There In Each Country

uforwealth

Verified member
What would you say as a response when somebody asks you how many insurance companies are there in each country of the world. Can you answer the question off-hand or what?

I don't know the number of insurance companies in every country but I can tell you the number of insurers in my country.

Here in Nigeria, we have 57 insurance companies that have been legally registered according to the provision of the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria. 14 of these insurance companies are all about life insurance while 43 are non-life insurance companies.

As we have different numbers of insurers or insurance companies in each country of the world, how many insurance companies are there in your country, if you are like me who doesn't know the number of insurers in each country of the world

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I don’t really think insurance business is really booming in Nigeria but I can say it is really doing well in other developed countries like USA, UK, France, Germany, and so on. Although I can’t say the exact amount of insurance companies in each of the countries I mentioned above but I am pretty sure there more insurance companies in those countries than here in nigeria

Good luck

Verified member
The number of insurance company in countries depends.Some country have few while some have many.They all have their role to play when it comes to rendering good service to their customers every where.But one thing that is certain is to ensure you get good information or idea of the insurance company you want to partner with to avoid Chaos or unforseen circumstances

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Is it necessary to know the number of insurance companies in each country. It is almost impossible to know the actual number of insurance companies in every country. But I am certain that insurance companies are more established in western countries compared to countries like Nigeria. Because it is more meaningful and functional in those countries