How Lucrative Is Onion Business.

Maks25

I am presently serving as a corper in kebbi State and I have been observing the onions market here.
Much research I have made has shown that the aleiro market here seems to be the biggest in Nigeria and you can see people from all over Nigeria and even foreigners coming to buy onions in bulk.

I will really like to go into the business but I am not so aware of how it sells in other parts of the country. The dealer I spoke with said he can be giving me a full bag of onions for N7000 including loading and transporting to Mile 12 in Lagos. He also made me understand that a bag of onions is sold between N12,000 to N13,000 in Lagos mile 12 and this seems very profitable being that the price am getting here is so good for making profits.

I am making arrangements now to send 10 bags to Lagos and even sell sharply at N10,000 per bags and from my information so far, the buyer is already willing to collect it cash and carry immediately it arrives.

I just want to enquire from those in the business already if my calculations and informations are right and if this is really a lucrative business to invest my hard earned savings into.

If it is, I will like to hear from you and I will all like to assist anyone who wishes to get involved and purchase from here.

Ho
I am presently serving as a corper in kebbi State and I have been observing the onions market here.
Much research I have made has shown that the aleiro market here seems to be the biggest in Nigeria and you can see people from all over Nigeria and even foreigners coming to buy onions in bulk.

I will really like to go into the business but I am not so aware of how it sells in other parts of the country. The dealer I spoke with said he can be giving me a full bag of onions for N7000 including loading and transporting to Mile 12 in Lagos. He also made me understand that a bag of onions is sold between N12,000 to N13,000 in Lagos mile 12 and this seems very profitable being that the price am getting here is so good for making profits.

I am making arrangements now to send 10 bags to Lagos and even sell sharply at N10,000 per bags and from my information so far, the buyer is already willing to collect it cash and carry immediately it arrives.

I just want to enquire from those in the business already if my calculations and informations are right and if this is really a lucrative business to invest my hard earned savings into.

If it is, I will like to hear from you and I will all like to assist anyone who wishes to get involved and purchase from here.
Going by the facts and figures you have given, it's no doubt a profitable venture.
However you also need to carry out your investigations to include people/market men/women selling this onions directly in the destination market like that Mile 12 market you mentioned.

Don't just base your decision and calculation on one end information received from the sellers you are buying from.

Onions is a lucrative business here in southern part of Nigeria but I as you might have said that you are residing in the North I don't think onions business brb so much rewarding over there
If you might have means to convey the onions to the southern part of Nigeria I believe and strongly no that you will make a living out of it.
You should not be the deterred by long distance involved, you can sort something from there, remember the labour market is jampak already so think twice

One of the lucrative businesses around is foodstuff business, this is because people will always want to buy foodstuff for either commercial or personal use. Onion is one fresh spice that can be used to garnish a lot of things even steaming fish or meat needs one using onions. So a lot of things will need onions.

With this needs, onions would always be bought so those selling it will always make quick turnover which will make the business very lucrative.

Onions is a product that is highly in demand in this part of the world because there can hardly be any meal that you prepare that you won't need to add onions to it. All households in the country makes use of onions so therefore it's a very lucrative business that you can delve into.
The most fortunate part of it all is that you have made so many research into the business, you have also gotten a very good business deal out of your research efforts, I think you have all you need already to succeed in this business, I don't know what you are waiting for again.

There was a time onions inflated in price immensely, that was about 4 months ago. But even now it is still a lucrative business, especially the way you explained it. If you have a buyer that is ready to buy it immediately it gets to Lagos then nothing is holding you back. If you buy for 7k and sell for 10k that is a good gain. Do that twice in a week and you will be looking at a profit of 24k at the end of the month. So this is a nice side hustle, I would not waste time if I were you.

Onion business is good business especially when you buy from the northern part of Nigeria and sell off kin the southern part. The only thing is transportation, storage and ready buyers, if you got this covered then before this year runs out, you will be counting your millions.

I also served in the north, I also wanted to go into onion and maize business but I did not know who to meet and talk to that would put me through, I had no one in the south either, someone who buybor receive the onions when I send them so that was how the vanished.

But since you got a ready buyer and someone to sell to you at a good price then I would advice you to go into this business, you would never regreat. I wish I have funds, I would've love to partner with you.

It's a good business. Onion is one of the most commonly consumed vegetable crops in the world and widely eaten by Nigeria, as there is hardly a local Nigerian dish that does not require the use of onions in its preparation. The persistent increase and scarcity of onions in major markets have become a rather interesting topic in recent times as the price of a big bag of dry Onions sells for an average of N80,000, while some markets sell for as high as N85,000 in Lagos State.