How Easy is it to Build a Career in Online Writing?

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to build a career in writing, it is easier to do in the virtual world compared to the real world. If you have language and writing skills and want to build a career in online writing, you can do a lot of things such as blogging, freelance writing, ebook writing, etc. However, trust me there is a lot of competition and you will not get any freelancing contracts, you will not get traffic and revenue from your blog, and you will not be able to sell ebooks. I don’t mean to discourage you, but this is the truth, it is really difficult to make money from these methods.

Does this mean you cannot make money as an online writer and build a career in online writing? Well, the truth is there are methods that will help you make money as a writer, forum posting, or publishing on article sites, for example. But these methods will hardly bring you sizeable income.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Writing is a lucrative job you , might be able to build a career opportunity online as a writer but you also have to understand that there are so many content writer available but at the same time that is not much compared to the demands of content writers in the online space.

The only challenge is that a lot of people will have difficulties if they are interested to build carriers in this area because of the competition involved , but that does not mean that you won't really make it , it all depends on your strategy that will determine the possibility of you succeeding as a content writer .
To be able to succeed generally as I understand you will need a good idea of marketing and writing of contents that can easily convince a client to choose you among other content writers if such opportunity arises. Yes that is the secret.

Etini

Valued Contributor
My question is always very direct on this topic and that is "can someone make up to $5000-$10,000 per year writing online. If that is possible, permit me to ask "how"? From my observation, writing online just pays some little amount of money that someone cannot decide to build his/her life on writing.

Writing is one of the most difficult mental jobs I have ever done. It takes a while lot of strength to be able to generates ideas from your brain and pull it out to create reasonable content. For me, writing online is not a sustainable source of income to live on. It is at best a side hustle. Apart from journalists that work for paid salaries, I have not really seen anyone that is writing profeasinally and earning his complete livelihood just by writing. This is because there are writers eveeywhwe in the online space. We keep on writing though.