How do you spot a scam site??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I know many of us here, have encountered several scams during our online job search. Those scam enlightened us, and made us understand the tricks scammers use to to operate online. I have encountered several of scamming sites, especially in the Bitcoin faucets/ptc sites. Where I will work heaven and earth and never get paid my hard earned money. Nothing saddens me than that, at least I can spot one trick scammers use to scam people via their platform.

* scammers will request you deposit little money before working for them, with high rewards to be paid to you when you deposited the exact amount needed from you.

Which other ways can you spot a scam site, looking to defraud people off their hard earned money online??

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Scam sites will give you a registration bonus as high as $100 so as to convince you to believe that it is possible to become rich online. This registration bonus would make you to continue working on their website for long without thinking or suspecting that it is a scam. They also have a high minimum withdrawal threshold. If you are given $100 referral bonus for instance, you will observe that minimum withdrawal threshold is $300. You will continue carrying out tasks, when you want to withdraw, you will realize that it is a scam all this while.

eenya00

i think the first thing is there claims, like take for example: make $1000 every hour by opening 2 email address. i can not state for a fact if such claims are actually true but i seriously believe that these are the first signs of knowing a scam site and ones you should stay away from, there are no free money online at least not for someone just starting out, at first you need to put in a lot of work to be able to reach a point in your online business whereby the work load at not too much but you receive much better results with little efforts. but most importantly don't let greed control your emotions, that is what these sites feeds on. but there are some other site that does not make these kind of claims, you just need to go online and google some of there reviews or check if there has being any claim of scam by other users who have made use of there services

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think the first sign is a site with bogus claim of reward. If something is too good to be true then it might really be. I look out for site that want me to invest and get paid huge amount after 2 hours. This should be a red flag. Sires too with serial admin that have been duping users. Some dubious admins keep on creating new earning sites without paying posters. So admins and their sites need to be avoided. The admin hardly pays.

Donkiz

I have always been guided by sets of principles that helps me to spot scam, and one of the things I believe is that when an offer sounds too good to be true avoid it because it's probably not true.

Also I try as much as possible to avoid sites that usually request for money before you earn, or for you to pay some money so they can process your pay.

And I also try to read reviews of a site from trusted platforms like trustpilot before joining the site.