How did you dealt with fear of starting up a new business?

General01

Often times when we are about to start up something for the first time. We become worried about the outcome. We wonder, will it fail? Will it succeed?
This uncertainty later results into fear and often times leaves us indecisive and halts our motivation to start
How did you dealt with your fear?

General01

Fear is as result of what you know or what you don't and the Identification of the root cause of fear is the first step in solving fear.
Different people may have different causes of fear. What may be the cause of my fear may not necessarily be the cause of yours.
Notwithstanding , these causes are broadly classified into "what you know" and "what you don't know"
Stay put as we continue to deconstruct this issue from it's roots!

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If you don't encounter fear in whatever you wish to embark on, it is either the project is not that big enough to make you rich or you are in the wrong direction. This is to say, fear is always normal. But we don't need to be overridden by our excess fear for something. While we are about to start a bug project and we fear of losing out, we may decide to plan our strategies, highlight how we want to achieve the highlighted goals and time limit. And then we should always have plan b in case our original plan doesn''t work out.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is normal to feel the fear when you are about to start a new project or a business. But you don't have to allow it to stop you from doing the right thing.

The problem is that some people are looking for magical thing they can do in order to get rid of this fear so that they can start their project or business.

If I'm not going to lie to you, there is no other way to get rid of this fear than to take action. You just need to do the basic things of getting started with your business and you are going to feel motivated along the way.

ojo2021

Banned
You must be strong. Starting up a business at the initial stage requires a lot of efforts but it pays later. And by the way, what can reduce the fear is to make enough research before venturing into such business. There hundreds of businesses already winded-up. They aren't going anywhere. After a year you can't get to see them again.

So my advise is to primarily get enough education about the business.

Immilash

We often experience fear and if you are wise you can use your fear to be a motivation. While starting a new business makes sure you have the necessary things needed if you have it all there's reason to fear when you are fearful it means you are not ready for the business.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I know it is not usually to summon the courage to start one’s business but trust me, it is a good thing to do because by so doing, you are actually challenging yourself to be a great person, to me, I do not call it “fear” I call it “anxiety” and you will be the one to fight it so it will not lead to discouraging you, because if you allow it, you will be discouraged from doing big things like and not even in business only, you will be starting to have som low self esteem that you can’t be your own boss which is not good enough.

Wiserr

When venturing any new business one has to have the mind set of succeeding,it is suppose that one should have courage rather than fear,even though fear is a normal thing,but one should not let fear to supersed courage.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
If I am to be asked, I do not think that there should be any fear to be in this because if you were to scared then why did you think about doing it in the first place, If you want to avoid any form of fear then I will advise you to make a good plan for it which will let everything fall in place and make it easier for you because it will make you to be able to predict what could happen next since you have everything planned, this is the importance of it, but it is sad that most of us neglect it these days.

General01

If you don't encounter fear in whatever you wish to embark on, it is either the project is not that big enough to make you rich or you are in the wrong direction. This is to say, fear is always normal. But we don't need to be overridden by our excess fear for something. While we are about to start a bug project and we fear of losing out, we may decide to plan our strategies, highlight how we want to achieve the highlighted goals and time limit. And then we should always have plan b in case our original plan doesn''t work out.
I strongly agree with you
Thanks for this great addition