How Bad Habits Will Ruin Your Finances.

Suba

Staff member
Everyone wants to get financial freedom, so we don't have to worry about spending money. To achieve financial freedom is not as easy as we dream. Even though we have worked hard and earned a lot of money without realizing it if we have bad habits that are always done then the money we earn will never be collected. Therefore, to be able to manage personal finances well we also need to identify and introspect ourselves, do we have bad habits that can waste money, if you want to achieve financial freedom then you need to avoid bad habits, change ways and lifestyles so that you can build good personal finances. healthy.

The following are bad habits that need to be avoided to achieve financial freedom.
1. Impulsive Buying
Impulse buying is continuous spending without planning. More concerned with wants than needs. People who live like this will do debt (using the Pay Later application on a smart phone) to have the things they want.
2. Maintain Prestige
When a friend, neighbor or relative has a bag, the latest model dress and a well-known brand, or a neighbor buys a new car, we also want to be like them so that it is no less cool. Without us realizing it, unexpected and unplanned expenses will reduce our money savings.
3. Shopping Hobby
Although shopping can lower endorphins in the brain, shopping can be a therapy to reduce stress. Unfortunately, the hobby of shopping both at supermarkets and online shopping will be addictive and will drain our wallets.

Of course, there are many other bad habits that someone has that can destroy personal finances, so you don't need to hesitate to share the bad habits that you know.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Bad habits can ruin your finances. When you're trying to get your money in order, you may be focused on things like your budget and checking accounts. But the fact is that bad habits can completely derail all of your financial planning and leave you scrambling to catch up with bills. Here are a few bad habits that could have a negative impact on your finances:

You don't create a budget.
Let's start with one of the most important things you should be doing for your finances creating a budget. A budget is the only way to take full control over your money, as it gives you visibility into every dollar that comes in and goes out of your account. It can help make sure you're spending less than you earn and giving every dollar a job. If you don't have a budget or need some guidance, check out our budgeting tools online.

You forget to track spending.
Even if you create a budget, it's not enough to just set it and forget it. You should be tracking all of your spending against that budget so you know where you stand at any given point during the month so you don't lose track or mismanage.

Reedsalvey

It's like you're describing me. And mentally I understand that it's a pointless waste, but my hands are already pulling out my wallet. Especially when it comes to gadgets, only the latest model comes out - I need it urgently

Bad habits can ruin your finances in a number of ways. First, they can lead to overspending. Second, they can cause you to miss out on opportunities to save money. Third, they can lead to debt.

One of the ways bad habits can ruin your finances is by leading to overspending. If you have a bad habit of buying things you don't need, you'll end up spending more money than you have. This can ruin your budget and put you in a difficult financial situation.

Another way bad habits can ruin your finances is by causing you to miss out on opportunities to save money. If you're not careful with your spending, you may miss out on chances to get discounts or take advantage of sales. This can add up over time and leave you with less money than you could have had.

Bad habits can also lead to debt. If you're not careful with your spending, you may end up using credit cards or taking out loans to cover your expenses. This can put you in a difficult financial situation and make it hard to get out of debt.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
In this there is certainly no doubt who ever is more focus on sending alone and not putting making money into consideration will certainly end up very broke eventually as there is no way one will depend largely on spending without thinking of bringing some income in. And such person expecting to do well financially. It is almost new impossible for such a person to perform well even in other aspect of life.

There is this friend of mine that has the poor saving habit and he came to me on a faithful day that he wants to start up a business and i advice him to first work on is spending pattern before embarking on the business. But he said he will coupe as he knows better on how to manage his finance, so I left him off to his decisons. Shortly after he came to me to complain about his financial predicaments and said business was not going well at all and he his heavily indebted.

Then on a critical look of the situation I discovered that the problem he was facing was all rooted to his poor financial habits and misuse of funds. Then we solved the problems together.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Unless we are studying commerce and management subjects like business management, business studies, finance, accounts, etc. ou schools, college and university exclude the topic of finance in their courses. For example, if you are a student of science, you don't have to study finance, if you are a student of human sciences, you do not have to study finance, however, no matter what career you pursue you always need financial literacy to manage your personal life. Someone in the medical profession does not study finance in college and university, yet he still has to manage his finances and he needs the knowledge to manage his finances, sadly, he does not have the proper financial literacy, despite earning well, he might have scarcity of money in his life because he might be lacking money management skills. It does not matter how much you are earning, what actually matters is whether you are saving or not, whether you are investing or not, if you don't save, if you don't invest, you will not be able to grow your wealth. Therefore, the first step in building your wealth, and securing your future is to start saving and investing your money. Sadly, not many people are interested in saving.