Have You Spent Your Savings On Something Reasonable?

Bisolami

Verified member
Everybody has a reason why they save money and some people do not even have a particular reason. They just believe that they are going to need some money someday and they just need to save up for that day that they will be needing the money. I think that idea is good instead of running a helter-skelter when you have an emergency.

Some people also have something that they want to use the money that they are saving for and that is the major reason why they are saving. Everybody has something that they may want to buy or a debt that they may want to clarify which is making them save money. I think that is normal for everybody to do.

I have always spent all the money that I saved recklessly but I am saving a particular amount of money now because I need to rent an apartment for myself. I need to begin to live alone and do my things my way instead of staying under some people. I have saved a reasonable amount of money and I hope that I achieve my aim by using the money for the particular thing that I want to make use of it for.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
What do we mean by "reasonable"? Well, it's not just about the cost of the item. It's also about whether or not you will be able to get use out of it in the future. For example, if you are saving for a car and plan to keep it for a few years, then buying a used car is reasonable. If you are planning to sell it in a few years or get rid of it within a month or two, then buying a new car is reasonable.

If you have saved up all your money for something that was very expensive (like an expensive vacation), then that would not be reasonable. You should save up your money for things that are more likely to last than something like that would.