Earn Money Hardwork is not directly proportional to riches!

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
While in school, I was made to understand that hardwork is directly proportional to success and so I worked hard to get good grades in my courses.

However, I have come to realize that when it comes to making money, it is not always so as there are so many factors that need to be put in place, and not just hard work.
We have so many poor people who work harder than the richest person on Earth and they are still poor despite these efforts put in every day of their lives.

These factors play a very important role:
Knowledge.
No matter how hard you work, if you are not well informed about what you are doing, you stand to always make repeated mistakes. This is why so many people remain poor despite so many hard work they do. They lack required information.
Network.
The kind of people you associate with also matter, so many people work hard, but they do not have people who understand the secret of success to guide them.
Rich people are connected to other rich people and they get to share valuable information that would benefit them.
Learning.
So many people work hard, but they do not learn from their past mistakes, so they are always broke.

What do you think?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think because of the country where we reside twisted the whole thing. Hard working people ought to be earning almost equivalent to the exact amount of work they do but the opposite is the case. People that are really working are earning so little and people are not even doing anything are earning millions. I think it's not like that in abroad!
Exactly. There are countries where hard work is appreciated but there are some countries where hard work is not appreciated. There are countries where hard-working are appreciated and of course it will give to others to be hardworking and is not working for the progress of their society. When it comes to making money hard work and smart work is required.

Kwess

While in school, I was made to understand that hardwork is directly proportional to success and so I worked hard to get good grades in my courses.

However, I have come to realize that when it comes to making money, it is not always so as there are so many factors that need to be put in place, and not just hard work.
We have so many poor people who work harder than the richest person on Earth and they are still poor despite these efforts put in every day of their lives.

These factors play a very important role:
Knowledge.
No matter how hard you work, if you are not well informed about what you are doing, you stand to always make repeated mistakes. This is why so many people remain poor despite so many hard work they do. They lack required information.
Network.
The kind of people you associate with also matter, so many people work hard, but they do not have people who understand the secret of success to guide them.
Rich people are connected to other rich people and they get to share valuable information that would benefit them.
Learning.
So many people work hard, but they do not learn from their past mistakes, so they are always broke.

What do you think?
Let me say you are 70% right. Yes is not always about hard work because the sons and daughters of the richest man in the world will never work hard to achieve success because money is already in the house. They came to meet money so they'll never work hard. But great footballers, boxers, athletes most successful men and women who did not come to meet money in the family put much effort through hard work.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic reminds me of the line that says work smart. At first I didn't understand why it was mentioned by our manager but then I realized that working smart means you are doing the work with utmost efficiency. Instead of going the full route you can do the task in a shorter time with no hardship involved.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think most times hardwork dosent even gurantee more riches , because in some certain instance its always difficult because there are some people that would work very hard but after that they fails to meet up to their targeted point , it doesn't guarantee more riches but only contributes because someone can't be lazy and be rich

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Your last point is very important and so many people tend to ignore it that is why they never get to make any significant progress despite working hard most days of their life. I think it is better for individuals to try getting in touch with those who have done what they want to do. This helps in getting better guidance on what to do.
That's just it dear. Some people still make same mistake today, they fail to learn from their mistake of following deceitful friends yo follow those who will guide them. Achieving greater height depends on our work rate, friendship with those whose experience is enormous to guide us achieving our own dream and not whiling away time for nothing.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
We always hear, hard work pays off, but its not the other way round hard work in your academics. For you to earn reasonable amount of money online or offline, you must be well informed, information is power, wealth, and security. If we aren't informed well, their is no how we'll learn ways to make money by working smartly. Following the right people will also guide us achieving success.
Your last point is very important and so many people tend to ignore it that is why they never get to make any significant progress despite working hard most days of their life. I think it is better for individuals to try getting in touch with those who have done what they want to do. This helps in getting better guidance on what to do.

Mika

VIP Contributor
hard work actually matters because without hard work you cannot become successful but the question is what kind of hard work you are doing. If your hard work is something like pushing the rock to the top of the mountain and then rolling it back to the bottom just like Prometheus in Greek mythology did, your hard work will never pay you.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We always hear, hard work pays off, but its not the other way round hard work in your academics. For you to earn reasonable amount of money online or offline, you must be well informed, information is power, wealth, and security. If we aren't informed well, their is no how we'll learn ways to make money by working smartly. Following the right people will also guide us achieving success.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Do you know that even in the United States of America, there are people who work harder than Elon musk and Jeff bezos, but they can never be richer than those people no matter how hard they work. That is the point I was trying to make in my post. In Africa for instance, so many people work hard, but they are not rich, it is because success is not dependent on how hard you work.
I get you now. There are many factors that may hinder this. Some are busy working hard doing wrong thing over and over again. What do they expect than little success. Hardworking will be trying many ideas and even still some people idesd just to make sure his hardwork is crowned.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Hardwork is proportional to riches. You can ask those that are in advanced countries, you get paid based on how you can work. But in some countries like mine, they have rendered hardwork meaningless. People are now taking short cut to riches and they are always being celebrated by the societies. However, as we are working hard, we need to work smart.
Do you know that even in the United States of America, there are people who work harder than Elon musk and Jeff bezos, but they can never be richer than those people no matter how hard they work. That is the point I was trying to make in my post. In Africa for instance, so many people work hard, but they are not rich, it is because success is not dependent on how hard you work.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I quite agree with the title of the topic. I have work is very important for anyone who wants to succeed but I don't think it is a prerequisite for success. Sometimes there are people who never worked in their life and they have people in the family that has money and I can tell you that they are probably rich without any hard work. For someone who doesn't have money or his family doesn't have money would probably need hard work and smart work in order to succeed.
I think because of the country where we reside twisted the whole thing. Hard working people ought to be earning almost equivalent to the exact amount of work they do but the opposite is the case. People that are really working are earning so little and people are not even doing anything are earning millions. I think it's not like that in abroad!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
For me it isn’t about hard work but how much we spend daily. They are people that can’t just conserve the little they have and planning is good too. One thing is buying what you don’t really need daily. You will never have money spending it daily and maybe in excess

MateMD

I am very familiar with that narrative. My take is that hardwork pays but while you work hard ,you should work smart too. Because when you work hard and do not work smart , it will end in stress. I will never support the notion that working hard isn't good. It's the best thing you can do for yourself . Working and smart is important

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
I am very familiar with that narrative. My take is that hardwork pays but while you work hard ,you should work smart too. Because when you work hard and do not work smart , it will end in stress. I will never support the notion that working hard isn't good. It's the best thing you can do for yourself . Working and smart is important

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I quite agree with the title of the topic. I have work is very important for anyone who wants to succeed but I don't think it is a prerequisite for success. Sometimes there are people who never worked in their life and they have people in the family that has money and I can tell you that they are probably rich without any hard work. For someone who doesn't have money or his family doesn't have money would probably need hard work and smart work in order to succeed.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Hardwork is proportional to riches. You can ask those that are in advanced countries, you get paid based on how you can work. But in some countries like mine, they have rendered hardwork meaningless. People are now taking short cut to riches and they are always being celebrated by the societies. However, as we are working hard, we need to work smart.
You are on point! Some countries cherished hard working, when you work harder you would be paid according to the work you did. Even I was made to know that, it's those people that does odd jobs from one place to other, are the ones really making money real money in all these European countries and the United States. But reverse is the case in my country as well!

btaliat

VIP Contributor

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I think there are some countries that hard work actually pays and it's equivalent to the amount of success, you could get. In some countries hard work will not pay you, you just have to work smarter with a lot of information. If you are in one of European countries, if you are working so hard, you may see that your hard work may pay for you, even though you may not really get rich, but you would fairly get your reward, compare to some countries in Africa.