Guided tour is expensive

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When my wife and I first traveled to Singapore for a vacation we availed of a guided tour because we didn’t know how to move around the city. It was a good vacation trip for us because of the convenience. When we went to Bangkok, Thailand we again got the guided tour what was enjoyable.

However, the cost of the guided tour got us thinking. We spent as much as we what we paid for the plane ticket. That is how expensive a guided tour. Making matters worse in Bangkok, we wasted a lot of time in waiting for the other tourists in our trip. A couple made us wait for 1 hour in going to the floating market because they woke up late.

On our next vacations abroad we tried to learn how to use the public transport. We also made a research on the itineraries. That made us free from the guided tour.

Choosing such kind of method is simply spending much during travel. When making any trip through air or land we should be sure of the location we're going to, that will enable us spending less and saving more. Employing someone guiding us on such kind of travel might make us spending more, cos the expenses of the guider will be upon us.

I concur we can't always be sure of where we are going to, if that's our first time. There is always first time to everything in life. There are Certain times in life when you will always be a stranger in a another man's land and you will need to be shown direction to wherever you are going.

The issue is, we should always be prepared for whatever cost we are going to need to survive in a new land. Because without that the end might be a sorry case.

I think whenever you are paying for a guided tour in an environment that you have never been before you are actually paying for the experience and not for the services. When you pay for a guided tour it is sure that you are being to somebody who knows very well about the place and you are sure going to enjoy it but then it will come with a price.

When you pay for a guided tour it is sure that you are being to somebody who knows very well about the place and you are sure going to enjoy it but then it will come with a price.
My usual advice to travelers is to check on the budget. If you have the money then spend it for a guided tour so you will completely enjoy your trip. On our first trip to Japan in the city of Osaka we didn't avail of the guided tour because it was very expensive. We did it on our own but we had a hard time although we had saved a lot from the expenses of local travel.

Going on tour or vacation is quite expensive generally because a lot of money is required because of places of interest you will need to see and you will also have some special delicacy you haven't consume before.You will also want to do some shopping like buying some nice things home to always remember your adventure when you go on tour.

Instead of guided tours, I would like to visit the place all alone. I would of course collect pamphlets and other promotional materials that give information about the place but will never consider hiring a tour guide. I like to explore on my own. Interestingly, by not hiring a guide, you also save money.