Going Vegan? Here Are Some Game Changing Tips to Help You Out

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
If you're anything like me, committing to a plant-based meal can make you slightly anxious. But if you can commit to it, in just one month, it'll become so much easier! Here are my top tips for making the transition as smooth as possible:

1. Make sure you have a plan. If you don't know where to start, try creating a meal plan with your favorite recipes and then taking it from there. Don't be afraid to ask questions or reach out to others who are going through the same transition as you. you'll find that everyone has different goals and preferences, but everyone wants their new lifestyle to be easy and enjoyable!

2. Consider getting an app to help guide your meals and shopping trips. There are tons of apps out there for vegans (like Veganz), but I personally love Vegweb because it has so many great recipes and shopping lists already built into its database!

3. Find like-minded people who want to go vegan with you! We all need support when we're making changes in our lives, and being able to talk about it with someone else who understands is really important.

cmoneyspinner

These are the kinds of tips people need who are going to make a major dietary change. Especially the tip about finding like-minded people. Because the worst thing is when you tell family and friends you're going to make a change and it almost seems like they do everything to change your mind and discourage you. LOL. I don't know if it's because they feel like you're judging their lifestyle as bad or what! For example, I was aan adult before I realized there was such a food as yogurt. When I got my own place to stay I would buy it. But if I went home to live with my mom, I would never add it to the grocery list. It was just one of the foods my mom did not ate; and I didn't want to be questioned as to why the food she fed me all my life was not good enough any more! LOL.