Fatherly.com: Pitch them and Get Paid

Holicent

VIP Contributor
How to Pitch Fatherly
Fatherly is the most popular dad-focused digital media brand. Their goal is to help dads raise great kids and live more fulfilling lives as adults. They accomplish this by pointing readers in the direction of a real path to becoming a better man, person, and parent by helping them sort through the constant stream of information.

Fatherly is a brand that was established on impartial journalism. As a result, every pitch needs to clearly demonstrate a clear path to story execution that is dependent on strong reporting, include experts and sourcing information, and be clearly based on supported facts. Story angles should have a purpose and be useful, and they should be relatable to dads and men. They should also provide a strategy and shed light on the various realities dads face.

How to Send Fatherly Freelance Pitches

At the moment, Fatherly is accepting pitches for its Gear, Life, and Health & Science verticals. Please send your story pitch of two to three sentences and any clips from your other work to [email protected]. Please indicate in the subject line if your pitch is time-sensitive. They don't acknowledge stories on spec.

Types of stories they're interested in:

Reports, essays, service journalism, Individual papers, Amusement news
and Stories that express political shock.

arunima25

Verified member
When I first read the name of the site, I presumed that this would be a platform only for fathers. But then it seems that I might be wrong. Dad centric articles and stories might be their main focus but it does seem that they do accept a lot of other interesting topics too.
I have never come across the name of this site. I hope that they are not location specific and are open to writers from across the globe.
Well, I have come across names of few really interesting writing sites in this forum section today. It's exciting to know that they do encourage the creative writing kind of stuff and are some way different from the regular article writing sites.
Definitely a lot for me to make a note of and check for them when I get the time to do so. But sounds promising for writers.
Some insight into their payrate and mode of payment would be also good.
A good way to know any writing site and their expectations is to read some of their published work.