Education or Business

Geeballer91

Over the years we’ve seen so many people dropped out of school into becoming millionaires and billionaires, which brings me to the question: Education or Business, which would you rather invest in?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Well this is really tricky and the reason why it's tricky is because both of them are important, but in my opinion I will go with education, because it will equip your brain on how to go about start a business, if you don't have Education then starting a business will be a real disaster.

Most people that out of university to start a business a already have or acquired the needed knowledge to succeed there is no need to wait till they graduate before starting out.

All boils down to individual choices if you think you have what it takes to succeed without finishing school then go ahead

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Nice thread looking at the current situation of things in Nigeria today, we have seen a lot of drop out making a whole lot of money some of them engaging in blue collar job or unskilled Labour, and yet they have made millions to billions of naira. But sometimes those who drop out of school later becomes failures in life and they become very poor. One thing we must understand is that it is always better to be educated. Education is the key to success and prosperity as an individual and as a country. poverty of the mind is even more worse than poverty of the pocket. Hence I will chose education over business anytime any day.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Normally as a man in nigeria, I believe you do not have to be told to know that business is more important than education because most of the graduates you see out there are eventually turning to be a business man as time goes on, they are all grown up and they will have to feed themselves, some do even end up doing some things illegal, while some of them that was fortunate enough to secure a job still works under someone that chose business over education, the person will get to pay them for their services meanwhile he or she has made more than their salary in a day

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well, I will choose not to be motivated by anyone that has drop out of school to become a millionaire or a billionaire ,although this is possible but this shouldn't be a point of our motivation because it is not the best and the opportunity the person was having to make up to that amount of money May not also be your own opportunity .I believe the best way people can just make money or attend their financial freedom is just to get adequate education ,And not only education but you need to channel your knowledge to something that will be lucrative to you after graduation.. education is the best.. it gives you wider understanding of life.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The mistske that majority always make is that they think education ends in making money. Education doesn't guarantee you money, it only guarantees you freedom and emancipation from mental slavery. Have you ever boarded a taxi driven by an educated fellow before? Can is you compare your experience with the an illiterate? Do you see the logic. Education and buisness are not on the same radar and deserve not be compared together. I can even go as far as comparing education with skill but not with business. Anybody can do business and succeed but it takes only educated person to sustain and manage the business for long.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Without education, you cannot do a business. Education means you build knowledge and skill, you need knowledge and skills to start a business. Even when you are tying to create a roadside tea stall, the ability to make tea is not enough to run the business, you need proper knowledge and skills. It is true that a lot of people have been able to build a good business without proper education, for example Richard Branson of Virgin group is not even a high school graduate but he is one of the richest person in the UK. However, this does not happen for a lot of people.