Does Office Work Affect your Personal Life?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Do you think that your office work encroach on your personal life? Is it possible that the situations you live at home are only situations to make you see that there is a bigger problem ahead?

We all know that stress and professional overwork has impacts on our physical body and our health. Of course, there are many other things that can interfere with our personal life.

In this thread, I will talk about stress, its consequences and the solutions. Stress does have an impact on your personal life. There are many people who go to doctor just for the problem related to stress.

To some extent office work affect your personal life depending on the type of office work you do and your personal life needs. I have resigned from one office job because it was stressful, time consuming and I had spent close to five years on the job without having anything to show for it. Before I resigned I was managing a side business at home which made me some good bucks of cash which my office work was affecting. My office job hours was from 8am to 5pm by the time I got home it would be around 6:30pm. I would be stressed out thereby neglecting other things that needed attention.

On the other hand, some people are workaholics and the idea of focusing a little on other spheres of life is scary. They might be trying to escape from some social and personal problems and pressures by being "busy". Working more could be some psychological response to some events like breakups. So, the quest to achieve a balance between work personal life could lead to some imbalances.

To me there is no way that office work will not affect your way of life or personal life in one way or the other.
Sometimes it may affect it positively or negatively depend on the type of work you are doing. At times you may like to attend to something outside office but due to the type of office which may not permit you to go.

There may be some meeting that may lapse at the hour of office time which you may just admits not to go despites those people outside their may be blaming you for not coming and you may also fill bad about the situation you find yourself.

Most of our offline work are highly stressful, infact some of us have gotten used to being stressed out that we see it as a normal thing, but that doesn't make it less of a problem.

Lots of people are suffering from one health condition or another, including mental issues as a result of work related stress. I have a colleague that moved from a very lucrative position in our organization head office to one of the local branches in another city, when I asked him why he did that, he said that the stress of the job coupled with the traffic condition of the city where he was made him to reconsider his priorities.

It's important that we learn how to take care of ourselves, and have a routine that works for us which can help to reduce the level of stress in our jobs.

Yes my office job affects my personal life, infact I don't even have enough time to sleep because I close late from work. My work starts from 6:00am to 8:00pm and many times I have to wake up around 4:09am in the morning so I can get to work before 6:00am and when I close by 8:00pm am always faced with traffic before getting home and it's so frustrating because I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over again, and am only allowed a day off throughout the week. So I don't usually have time for my families or wife all because am working and I can't even travel for any event or for a friend's wedding. Most people are facing this all because they want to earn a living and no time for them personally.

Well we are humans so we can actually say that office work has no effect on our personal lives. However what is important is how we react to that effect. We should not let the stress and unpleasant experiences at work effect our personal life and how will relate with our family and close friends this usually does not end well.
So we need to put these things in their different place, what happens at work stays at work and what happens to your personal life should stay with you personally. No need intermixing the 2 as this can lead to emotional strain.

There is no way our office lives won't affect personal lives. There are many ways by which these office lives affect us. Among those ways include the psychological, physical and even health wise. The wise management of the two lives make us a better person.

Psychologically, we are being affected by our office work. Most time, there are something that we may do but we cannot do because we are occupied by the office works. There are some plans that most time we have dedicated for our, for instance, family but the office work do spoil the time. Most time as well, we always want to vent out our anger but we will not because of office stuff.

Physically, the way we sit, stand or bend down to write most time do affect our posture. Some have to sit for longer period which will always tell on their postures. Most time, we always need to attend to many customers in a particular position. This in the long run affect the physical posture of the workers.

Health wisely, people become fatigue and restless when they are faced with the same jobs everyday. Apart from this, the stress from work at times may lead to fever and most time may end up being admitted.

However, a good management of these problems may resolve the matter once and for all.

Yes, the office life can definitely have a major impact on your personal life. However, we must define what do we mean by the term "personal life". There are various aspects of personal life. You might be suffering from certain health problems and this could be a personal issue. if you are not able to continue to work due to health issues, then we can view it as a kind of problem and your professional life might be interfering with your personal life. Many people have issue related to family and this might also have a major impact on your professional life.

You may not be able to work properly and focus on your work due to personal issues in your life and this could have a huge impact on your career or professional growth. Apart from all this, you might not be able to balance things. They key here is to try hard to balance things. Even I am not able to focus on my freelancing career because I am also facing many problems in my life. The key here is that I try my best to balance things and create a schedule so that I could deal with problems in a proper manner.