Does Office Work affect your Health?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Does Office Work Affect your Health?

Do you think that your office work encroach on your personal life? Is it possible that the situations you live at home are the situations to make you see that there is a bigger problem ahead? We all know that stress and too much work in the office has an impact on our physical as well as our mental health.

Of course, there are many other things that can interfere with our personal life. In this article, I will talk about stress, its consequences and the solutions. Stress does have an impact on your personal life. There are many people who go to the doctor just for the problem related to stress.

It is very common in today’s fast paced life and even if it is felt that the subject is a little flawed with lots and lots of arguments and counter arguments. Stress remains a difficult element to manage for the person who lives with it.

If you notice that you are always tense, sleepless or find it difficult to sleep, your appetite has reduced or undergone considerable change, too often your heart beats faster, you feel under pressure and do not know where to go, sweat a lot or your hands become moist, these are signs that you are under stress.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't do office work at the moment, and I wouldn't see any reason why I'll go for an office work that is stressful to my health. Health comes first, anything that tries to jeopardize with my health, it's simply no go. I'll stick with the kind of job that gives me time and doesn't affect my well-being. I wouldn't work from morning to night just to make ends meet. Such is disturbing to the health, it is better to work where your health permits you in order to avoid complicated health issues in the future. Because it will be disastrous then.

Ganibade

Verified member
For those that has no alternative than to work in the office.what advice can we give them to be able to resist any hazardous materials in their working place that can affect their lives, like cleaning chemicals and deodorant that can be spray in the air to improve scents that affect them?

Kola

Verified member
Office work affect the body in such a way that when you work too much or in excess,it makes the body weak and when it gets weak it starts to cause headache and from there can lead to another kind of sickness.so when you work try resting for some time.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I work from home and I work really hard. I do not go to office because my room is my office and my computer desk is just like my cabin. However, since I work really hard, it takes a lot of effort to make money even my sitting in front of computer. My biggest issue is sitting in front of computer screen for a really long time. May studies have proved that sitting for long hours is not bad for health, in fact, it could be so harmful that even exercising would not help to reverse the bad effects of sitting for quite longer time.

I often feel the bad effects of sitting. Usually my neck hurts due to sitting in a bad posture. This is something really common in people who are required to sit on a chair for long time in office. This is why I am now thinking about re-scheduling my working hours that would allow me to take breaks so that I could manage my health as well. The good thing about my work is that I am my own boss, so managing such a schedule would not be a problem for me. Health is very important. You must never compromise it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My whole career is related to computers. My first job was a computer programmer trainee and I did not leave the industry. My work was stressful which caused gastritis due to excessive overtime work and the pressures the comes with the projects. I had been hospitalized several times for the stomach problems that at first I thought it was something serious. Even when I was assigned work in London I suffered severe gastritis that I called an ambulance to bring me to the hospital. There was a time that I tried another job but the pay in the industry of technology is much higher so I have to go back to work with computers. Fortunately I was still healthy when I retired at age 62 maybe because I was able to endure the pressure and the accompanying stress of my job.

Ganibade

Verified member
This is a message for those that are working in the office to be able to examine them selves while they are on duty to know their body status,and request for immediate medical treatment if their is complain in any part of their body.This is very important for those that want to have everlasting ends in their life time.

E

eldavis

Yes office work affects your health in so many areas, most office works are usually very stressful and stress alone it self is not good for our health. Office work requires you to sit in one position for a long. Period, medically speaking it is not good for humans to sit in one position for a. Very long period of time. Another issue about office work is that it affects our walking posture and our entire posture generally. I have a relative who works at the office, she is always seated in front of the computer, hence she would always hunch her back so she could operate her system, it has changed how she stands and walks.

Ganibade

Verified member
Office jobs can affect ones life in many ways.when the strength is too much,it can affect health. The exposure of the body to various chemicals use in office for cleaning can also affect life. The most important thing is to follow rules and regulations before lay hands on office jobs to avoid infection diseases.

arunima25

Verified member
Work-life balance is so important. Though it is easier to talk about it, it is very tough to actually implement it in our lives. People into demanding jobs end up working more and ignoring their mental and physical health. Then many people end up in jobs that theu don't like. Doing something that doesn't interest you is extra stressful. But then at the end of the day one has to pay bills and earn fot livelihoods. Not everyone is lucky to land in a job that is interesting and enjoyable.
I am passionate about my work. I worked at a school for 10 years. I started it with my friend and we made it a brand. I looked forward to the job. But then the long travel was the trouble. Traffic worsened with the ever going road constructions and metro construction. Traffic was a nightmare and travelling that long had ill effects on my health. I couldn't shift my home because of my husband and daughters. So, finally I quit that job. I go there once in a month or less just for teachers and parents workshop. I have joined a school nearby and work there as part time.

Sikapa

Verified member
Office work can affect a person just like any other hard work we all know. Sitting on a chair for so many ours everyday can even affect your health, for instance, sitting and working throughout the the day can even affect your spinal Cord and sitting in front of computer can cause eye problems too.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Majority of us are blessed with procedures and high paying jobs with attractive salaries and other benefits in kind that comes with it . But in order to keep your job you must be loyal in all ramification to your boss or employer . You must make sure to carry out and signed duties and task assigned to you either by your superior or your employer in order to reach business goals and objective . But in most cases these jobs and objective and usually complicated or takes a long time to analyse and solve , we are more likely to stay for a very longer time in order to make sure that our assigned business goals and objective and rendered and solved .

A lot of individuals are over attached to their work forgetting all other priorities and activities they must also carry out in life , like interacting and communicating with friends , taking a rest or nap , eating out with friends and colleague , eating a well-balanced food , and exercising the body . Depriving your mental faculties and body properties all of these listed above , has a dehumanizing repercussion on your health . It is advised , that's why it is ok to be concerned about our work we should also be concerned about our health .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that office works in the long run do affect the health of the workers. This is because most time they are to involve in some strenuous activities which may involve meeting with agressive customers, sitting down for more than hours. Performing after duty works and many other things which may later tell on their health.

How will someone prevent this? There are many ways people can prevent this health challenges that may come as a result of tedious activities that a worker has done in the office. The first thing is not to go for stressful job in the first instance. There are some office works that are tedious in their operation. We should avoid these types of works.

Scheduling of time. We should always have time for every activity we may want to engage in in the office. Most time, when people get monotonous due to repetition of one type of work or maybe they have sat down for too long doing a particular work, there is tendency that they may get tired. That's why we need to learn how tp manage our time effectively.

Take a break. There is need to relax when the work load is too much. We can take a break or we can even decide to have a walk in the office to ease up the tension.

Ayeshabashir

Obviously office work affect our health. Continously work under the pressure of the boss will exert more stress on your mind or brain .Although I am not working in office but I know how it is difficult for the office people to work by continously sitting eight to nine hours.Due to continously sitting at one seat may cause many health problem for example obesity can cause due to this ,heart dieases and diabetes etc.Also the food which they eaten from the office cafeteria or canteen effect their health a lot .Because unhygienic ,junk or oily food can cause stomach aches. These kinds of problems especially occur in these people who are doing desk jobs and due to lack of excercise their weight will become increase.So ,I suggest to office worker to pay heed on their health by doing following things on daily basis .The first don't go office without eating breakfast because breakfast helps you and provides you energy to do work and the second thing bring your lunch box from home and avoid to eat junky food from office cafeteria and avoid drinking sodas and try to move and stand as much as possible .These steps protects office workers from many health problems .