Do You Want To Reduce Your Risk Of Diabetes? If Yes, Then Eat Fruits!

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We are aware about the importance of consuming healthy foods. This is because healthy foods lead to long life and also leads to a healthy life. One of the most important aspects of eating healthy food is to consume a lot of fruits. This is because fruits are associated with providing health benefits. There are many people who claim that eating a lots of fruits can make a person diabetic. However, if you are not a diabetic or pre diabetic, then fruits can actually help you to prevent diabetes. A study that was shown in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism suggests that eating fruits in a day cut reduce the diabetes risk by a large scale. It is estimated that the risk of diabetes is reduced by a whooping 36 percent!

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There was an argument between my friends and me about this. They claimed it is not all fruits that are capable of curing diabetes. They claim their are some fruits with excess sugar and top much of these fruits may not be good for the body. I may not have much it say against them because I am not a science student. I would have loved it better if the poster listed some fruits to be taken to cure diabete.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This is very true as I have a lecturer in my school who is diabetic and always advises us to make sure we are consuming a lot of fruits daily so that we do not become susceptible to diabetes mellitus and end up like him. He spends so much of his monthly income on importing fruits as this is the only thing he eats to live .

arunima25

Verified member
I developed diabetes after I had a haemohhrage that damaged my pituitary. It has been fourteen years of that accident and I am diabetic for almost a decade now. Fruits are good for diabetics too. They have fructose and that doesn't shoot up blood sugar much. Eating fruits in moderation is the key for diabetics. I eat fruits and nuts regularly to meet up for my nutritional requirements as well as to maintain my blood sugar. Papaya, apple, lime juice etc are some good fruits for diabetics. Mango, lychee, banana etc can be eaten in moderation. Indian Jamun ( blackberry) is one fruit that has anti diabetic properties and is supposed to be a magical fruit for diabetics.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There was an argument between my friends and me about this. They claimed it is not all fruits that are capable of curing diabetes. They claim their are some fruits with excess sugar and top much of these fruits may not be good for the body. I may not have much it say against them because I am not a science student. I would have loved it better if the poster listed some fruits to be taken to cure diabete.

There are certainly some fruits that are high in sugar and you should not consume them in an excessive amount. However, consuming some fruits in a moderate amount can be really good for you IF you are not suffering from diabetes and if you are not a pre diabetic. Fruits have nutrients and those nutrients can help you to fight off diseases like diabetes. You can consume fruits that have low quantity of sugar if you are that much concerned about blood sugar.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
There are certainly some fruits that are high in sugar and you should not consume them in an excessive amount. However, consuming some fruits in a moderate amount can be really good for you IF you are not suffering from diabetes and if you are not a pre diabetic. Fruits have nutrients and those nutrients can help you to fight off diseases like diabetes. You can consume fruits that have low quantity of sugar if you are that much concerned about blood sugar.
I am even expecting you to list out some of this fruits. When I asked a nutritionist, he told me that there fruits are either acidic while unripe and sugary whole ripe. He now told me that it is not advisable to be eating riped fruits as a diabete patient but can be eaten by normal person. However, he told me that diabete is not really as a result of eating sugary fruits but as a result of heredity or diet.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Eating fruits is advisable for people to eat, it is encouraged by health experts for people to eat regularly than eating fries that gas enough sugar contents. Eger since i was little, knowing the benefits of fruits. Have made me to avoid eating enough fries, or sweet foods which isn't natural, and prefer more of fruits than them.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I will have to differ from the view expressed by the OP. There are different kinds of diabetes and according to your diabetes type, there are foods that you can eat and there are foods that you will have to strictly avoid. The common types of diabetes are type and type 2. When you have type 1 you can eat sweet foods, when you have type 2 you will have to avoid earning sweet foods (including fruits like banana, water melon, mangoes, etc.)

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I will have to differ from the view expressed by the OP. There are different kinds of diabetes and according to your diabetes type, there are foods that you can eat and there are foods that you will have to strictly avoid. The common types of diabetes are type and type 2. When you have type 1 you can eat sweet foods, when you have type 2 you will have to avoid earning sweet foods (including fruits like banana, water melon, mangoes, etc.)

You are free to disagree with me, but I do not think that I have stated something incorrect. :) Please note that I am talking about how consumption of fruits can help you to fight off diabetes BEFORE you become a pre diabetic. This is because there is always a right time to eat the right food. For example, garlic can be really good for your health. However, if you are suffering from chest inflammation, then consumption of garlic can actually increase chest burning if you consume food that contains a lot of garlic. I hope you can understand my point. :)

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this contrary comment that I learned from a popular diabetologist here named Dr. Fernando. He said that vegetables and fish are the best diet to avoid the onset of diabetes. Take note, it is the onset that is avoided and not diabetes because diabetes cannot be prevented. You can only deter the onset or maybe make it slow down.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know fruit are really good for human consumption but what of the high sugar content in most of the fruit we are consuming , don't you think it can also make people to be at risk of developing diabetes because diabetes is always as a result of higher sugar content in the blood. I'll just suggest that we eat more vegetables .

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Apart from helping us achieve healthy kidneys, fruuts have been beneficial to us in numerous ways. Fruit can serve as balanced diet for every humans. Fruits provide our body all the essential nutrients and minerals that will keep us healthy. It is also good to drink water regularly to prevent kidney stones and to flush out toxins substance in the body.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this contrary comment that I learned from a popular diabetologist here named Dr. Fernando. He said that vegetables and fish are the best diet to avoid the onset of diabetes. Take note, it is the onset that is avoided and not diabetes because diabetes cannot be prevented. You can only deter the onset or maybe make it slow down.

I think you can cure diabetes if you are in a pre-diabetic state. Diabetes can still be managed if you continously eat healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables. You can manage diabetes. It might be possible that scientists will be able to find cure of diabetes in the future. However, right now we need to take help of nature.