Do you think gambling operates like a ponzi scheme??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There is no difference between gambling and Ponzi scheme. In fact Ponzi might even be slightly better. When a Ponzi scheme starts operating they do well, they pay the first set of people that registered with them to make it look real so others can join. So if you are among the early set of people you can make your profit. But gambling is known for one thing, an easy way to part with your money quick. Chances are, most people have lost more money in gambling than in Ponzi. Ponzi gives you experience, you will likely realise another one next time and not put your money into it. In gambling you keep on placing bets over and over to the point that it becomes a normal thing to lose your hard earned money. Both are bad, but gambling is worse.
Lol, you made good points about how gambling and ponzi functions. Their is no doubt both are suckers. Any one who don't like his money can decide to throw it away to gambling and ponzi scheme. I see no future in them, I regretted playing gambling with my hard earned money back then. Now i learnt my lessons, i never played again cos i experienced too many woes with it. As for ponzi scheme, i never tried it before, cos i view it as the biggest scam. Since i don't know where the money is coming from to me and others in the scheme.

Josemendez

Verified member
Gambling is different from Ponzi in all ramifications.
Ponzi is based on collecting from Peter to pay Paul . It can be sustained if only there is simultaneous deposit and Withdrawal , less once there more Withdrawal without deposit ,then the system is bound to crash.

With gambling ,you only have to use any amount of money that is not below the minimum stake , to place a bet on the outcome of an event. If the outcome is in line with what you predicted , the you will win the bet, if not you loss. So they are totally different system .

Xerryl

There is no difference between gambling and Ponzi scheme. In fact Ponzi might even be slightly better. When a Ponzi scheme starts operating they do well, they pay the first set of people that registered with them to make it look real so others can join. So if you are among the early set of people you can make your profit

Sanmight

On the contrary, I know the difference is quite much. Gambling is a very lucrative prospect that just like any other business around us comes with its own risk. Like 100% yield is just 2 odds if won is guaranteed to be paid to the winner by the bookies, but in Ponzi having satisfied the requested condition (here in lies the difference) it is not guaranteed you receive the pay promised. In countries, laws are in support of bettors with legal acts but reverse is the case for Ponzi schemes.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I was on a conversation with a friend on a different forum, he was detailing me everything I needed to know about gambling and ponzi. And the similarities, rewards, and implications, at the end branding them, birds of Same feathers.
He told me that gambling is a ponzi type of scheme, cos both are created to see people lose money all the time. Saying out of 100% of people that involves investing their money on them, have only 5% chance of winning their stake. 95% stake goes to the bookmakers. The end product of both of them is loss, only few succeed during their investment on both. Many will accrue losses after loss, when you dig deep and experiment what he meant, you gonna see, their is points on his claims.

Do you agree with him that gambling is like a ponzi scheme?? Give your points.
There is no difference between gambling and Ponzi scheme. In fact Ponzi might even be slightly better. When a Ponzi scheme starts operating they do well, they pay the first set of people that registered with them to make it look real so others can join. So if you are among the early set of people you can make your profit. But gambling is known for one thing, an easy way to part with your money quick. Chances are, most people have lost more money in gambling than in Ponzi. Ponzi gives you experience, you will likely realise another one next time and not put your money into it. In gambling you keep on placing bets over and over to the point that it becomes a normal thing to lose your hard earned money. Both are bad, but gambling is worse.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
My reply is - no

Gambling and Ponzi are totally different.

Ponzi scheme are something that are operated on cheating ideas crated by Charles Ponzi, invest to earn more - a way to lure more investors, then close the company and move to another area (close website and create new).

While gambling is just gambling, people already are aware, they keep doing there as they are not giving any winning guarantee unless thy have, and normally some gambling platform also go away like ponzi, but others just stay.
You answered right, gambling isn't a ponzi type of investment. Already I gave that member same replies, but he keeps on given me facts that looks almost suspicious of gambling. But no matter what gambling can never be like ponzi. Ponzi is created with an aim of misleading people luring more investors with common idea of stealing their hard earned funds. Gambling doesn't mislead, it is widely written that, it is a game that rewards passion, if one is lucky enough he or she wins simple.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
My reply is - no

Gambling and Ponzi are totally different.

Ponzi scheme are something that are operated on cheating ideas crated by Charles Ponzi, invest to earn more - a way to lure more investors, then close the company and move to another area (close website and create new).

While gambling is just gambling, people already are aware, they keep doing there as they are not giving any winning guarantee unless thy have, and normally some gambling platform also go away like ponzi, but others just stay.