Is gambling a killer of financial growth and wealth potential?

Etini

Valued Contributor
I see so many young people in their quest to achieve financial security resort to gambling as a source of making money. But in the real sense, gambling looks more like a scheme that kills the wealth potential of so many young people.

No gambling company wants a punter to win. Their business goal is that the gambler loses money so that they can make profits. That's why the probability of winning money on any game you gamble on is always very slim.

Young people take money they would have invested in meaningful investments to start building their wealth portfolio to gamble with hope of winning it big. Sometimes, the money that you need for that your investment might come bit by bit everyday but you are betting with it. And research has shown that it takes 10 failed gambles for you to win just one gamble game.

Better to invest with your money in more surer schemes than to gamble with it in hope of making it big with it.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
I could not consider it as a job. It could be considered as a spare time activity. Many people could plan purchases and expenses based on future gambling results then the earnings never happen and they enter into massive debt.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Except to enjoy during the holidays with friends and family, I do not gamble. Even though we play with money among friends and family we are basically having fun and non one plays with a huge amount, the winner does not win huge and lower does not lose huge. I am against gambling to make money. Gambling can never make you money. Maybe you won today but when you play tomorrow you might not only lose what you won previous day but even everything you had in your pockets.