Do you think gambling operates like a ponzi scheme??

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
To be frank, gambling is a way of losing money so you have to avoid it as much as you can. A Ponzi scheme is a multi-level recruitment. They earn money with the membership fee that you pay. When you have recruited a new member part of his membership fee goes to you like a commission. When that recruit gets his own recruit then you also earn from that 3rd level of recruitment. In short, the scheme is making money for members from their recruitment. In gambling you are betting with a lower odds for winning so in the long run you tend to lose.

springtech

Well i
I was on a conversation with a friend on a different forum, he was detailing me everything I needed to know about gambling and ponzi. And the similarities, rewards, and implications, at the end branding them, birds of Same feathers.
He told me that gambling is a ponzi type of scheme, cos both are created to see people lose money all the time. Saying out of 100% of people that involves investing their money on them, have only 5% chance of winning their stake. 95% stake goes to the bookmakers. The end product of both of them is loss, only few succeed during their investment on both. Many will accrue losses after loss, when you dig deep and experiment what he meant, you gonna see, their is points on his claims.

Do you agree with him that gambling is like a ponzi scheme?? Give your points.
I have a contrary opinion. Im terms of their modus operandi and operating principle they are not the same. But in terms of risk to reward model you can say they fall in the same category.
Ponzi schemes are designed in such a way that one person pays the other person, the cycle continues like that until a saturation point is reached and the center can no longer hold anymore, the payment can not be sustained by the number of members in the system except there is a massive recruitment of new members who will now eventually loose their money.
However gambling is not like that. It works on the principle of prediction, if 1000 people make 1000 wrong predictions, none of them would earn anything thus all the stakes amount goes to the bookmakers and the agents.
Do people loose in both? Yes
Do people earn in both? Yes though with more percentage loosing.
Are they the same? No

D

Deleted member 27126

You made a nice point, if it happens that one finds it okay. The best time to enroll into it, its during the early times to avoid unnecessary loss. If one invest that early start up with the ponzi scheme their is 60% chance of the person recouping his funds invested into it. But he shouldn't reinvest after cashing out. But due to greed some of them will still invest with all they had made to earn more money they didn't work for.
This method is the best when dealing with ponzi scheme. One has to be wise and not fall for their cheap scam asking you to invest again. I know of a few friends who are victims of Mavrodi Mondial Money-box of that time. They initially cashed out but due to greed and whatever, they reinvested again and it all ended in premium tears. Laughs

sincerem

VIP Contributor
True talk. This is why it is even advisable that although a person should avoid ponzi scheme in every possible way but if possibly you come across with one and you really want to go into it, the best time is to do it as fast as you can, get your money and leave it as soon as possible without even thinking of coming back again to avoid losing it.

True talk. This is why it is even advisable that although a person should avoid ponzi scheme in every possible way but if possibly you come across with one and you really want to go into it, the best time is to do it as fast as you can, get your money and leave it as soon as possible without even thinking of coming back again to avoid losing it.
You made a nice point, if it happens that one finds it okay. The best time to enroll into it, its during the early times to avoid unnecessary loss. If one invest that early start up with the ponzi scheme their is 60% chance of the person recouping his funds invested into it. But he shouldn't reinvest after cashing out. But due to greed some of them will still invest with all they had made to earn more money they didn't work for.

D

Deleted member 27126

Laughs, that's true bro, beginners with gambling doesn't earn much but early starters with ponzi schemes earn faster than the late comers. The ponzi chiefs used those late comers to settle for the give away they've been into. That puts the rest of those who invested late at risk of losing it all.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Exactly my point. I initially didn't talk about much difference between the two in my first comment because I wanted to leave room for more reactions. You have also pointed out that those who invest early in ponzi scheme are always fortunate and it's very true whereas for betting, in fact, those who are playing for the first time have the tedencey of losing compared to the gurus that have been there before.
Laughs, that's true bro, beginners with gambling doesn't earn much but early starters with ponzi schemes earn faster than the late comers. The ponzi chiefs used those late comers to settle for the give away they've been into. That puts the rest of those who invested late at risk of losing it all.

D

Deleted member 27126

Yeah, their is some difference between them. When it comes to ponzi scheme, you get reward if you're one of those that invested early before inflow of members. In gambling it is quite different just as you said. One earns when he correctly win all the markets he choose. Gambling its better off cos if you win your stake you get all you win but not the same with ponzi.
Exactly my point. I initially didn't talk about much difference between the two in my first comment because I wanted to leave room for more reactions. You have also pointed out that those who invest early in ponzi scheme are always fortunate and it's very true whereas for betting, in fact, those who are playing for the first time have the tedencey of losing compared to the gurus that have been there before.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Sure, ponzi scheme is very bad but there is a possibility of you still getting away with your funds with some profits on it unlike in gambling where you either lose or win. The difference in both is that in ponzi scheme, they rub Peter to pay Paul but in gambling, you either win against the betting company or they win against you. Closely looking at the two, they are a bit different
Yeah, their is some difference between them. When it comes to ponzi scheme, you get reward if you're one of those that invested early before inflow of members. In gambling it is quite different just as you said. One earns when he correctly win all the markets he choose. Gambling its better off cos if you win your stake you get all you win but not the same with ponzi.

D

Deleted member 27126

Laughs, thanks for defining the meaning of the two with differences. At the end you came with concrete decision of accepting that the two works the same. Surely they looks the same, cos their are 95% possibility of losing funds invested on them. I can never advise any one to get involve on those two investment schemes.
Sure, ponzi scheme is very bad but there is a possibility of you still getting away with your funds with some profits on it unlike in gambling where you either lose or win. The difference in both is that in ponzi scheme, they rub Peter to pay Paul but in gambling, you either win against the betting company or they win against you. Closely looking at the two, they are a bit different

sincerem

VIP Contributor
A ponzi scheme is a program where people are asked by some group of fraudsters to invest a certain amount of money and get back the double or three times of it within a short period of time. Whereas gambling is putting some money at stake with some established laws of game and expecting to gain back the double or multiple of it at the same time. I think they are both the same.
Laughs, thanks for defining the meaning of the two with differences. At the end you came with concrete decision of accepting that the two works the same. Surely they looks the same, cos their are 95% possibility of losing funds invested on them. I can never advise any one to get involve on those two investment schemes.

D

Deleted member 27126

I was on a conversation with a friend on a different forum, he was detailing me everything I needed to know about gambling and ponzi. And the similarities, rewards, and implications, at the end branding them, birds of Same feathers.
He told me that gambling is a ponzi type of scheme, cos both are created to see people lose money all the time. Saying out of 100% of people that involves investing their money on them, have only 5% chance of winning their stake. 95% stake goes to the bookmakers. The end product of both of them is loss, only few succeed during their investment on both. Many will accrue losses after loss, when you dig deep and experiment what he meant, you gonna see, their is points on his claims.

A ponzi scheme is a program where people are asked by some group of fraudsters to invest a certain amount of money and get back the double or three times of it within a short period of time. Whereas gambling is putting some money at stake with some established laws of game and expecting to gain back the double or multiple of it at the same time. I think they are both the same.

greatguy1

Gambling is not a Ponzi scheme but an organised market designed to make the bookies win at the expense of your ignorance, emotion and greed. A Ponzi will always crash but a bookie wouldn't unless there is insider funds mismanagement or too many winnings in a particular period. Gambling is so organized that it is legalized while a Ponzi cannot be legalized.

Teatea

Yes, gambling is exactly like ponzi scheme.
Both work in the same direction, both engage in robbing Paul to pay Peter. In ponzi schemes, they collect money from the first ten people and pay them with the next ten people that registers, this chain goes like this till they have gained peoples trust, then they disappear with their funds. In gambling, you are likely to lose than win, and when you lose, someone somewhere wins so they use your lost money to pay the person that won and vice versa. So gambling and ponzi are definitely run in the same way.

Sammy01

The answer is No. Betting has nothing to do with been a Ponzi scheme they are far different for each other. In gambling you work for your money, while Ponzi scheme you just have to rest and let the scheme work for you.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

Ralphjoe

Gambling and ponzi scheme a are two totally different things, the only thing that binds them together is that people incur much losses in the both of them, aside that there is no similarities among them at all.

Gambling is the act of predicting the outcome of an event just by your intuition and probably historical results of the event. This doesn't always work out as people predict so they ends up loosing all the time, and when they loose, the betting company gain, it's a bad investment that anyone can invest on.

On the other hand, ponzi schemes are acclaimed investment schemes that gives high rate of investment returns, some promises to double your investment in matters of days while other will promise you hours, the secret in these ponzi scheme is that they collect money from new investor and pay some of the old investor making it seem like they are real and paying, but it's a ploy, at the end of the day when they no longer get new investors, they will close up with investors money in their hand.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Ofcoz I agree with you,because have tried it all but at the I end up losing both the money I win from them and my money as well...so my advice to everyone seeing this is to venture into something you are sure of not bet or ponzi or what so ever ....
I'm happy you shared same view with me about how ponzi scheme and gambling works. Both of them are misleading, eager to run your funds down and given you nothing at the end. I tried gambling before, made series of losses, that's why I stopped wasting my time over it. As for ponzi scheme i never trued it before, and i don't want to try it either. Cos i don't want to be spending money unnecessarily, i really want to manage my funds to useful for me in the future. And not dashing away on an investment scheme that won't bring me adequate returns at the end of my time investing on it.

D

Deleted member 27583

Ofcoz I agree with you,because have tried it all but at the I end up losing both the money I win from them and my money as well...so my advice to everyone seeing this is to venture into something you are sure of not bet or ponzi or what so ever ....

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Gambling is different from Ponzi in all ramifications.
Ponzi is based on collecting from Peter to pay Paul . It can be sustained if only there is simultaneous deposit and Withdrawal , less once there more Withdrawal without deposit ,then the system is bound to crash.

With gambling ,you only have to use any amount of money that is not below the minimum stake , to place a bet on the outcome of an event. If the outcome is in line with what you predicted , the you will win the bet, if not you loss. So they are totally different system .
Yeah, you spoke wisely @Josemendez. Both gambling and ponzi scheme are two different set of investment. But operate on similar high risk level, cos you might lose all you have within seconds. That's why i can't encourage any one to endorse any of them. But when it comes to which is one is worst than each other, i will boldly say ponzi scheme is worst than gambling. Cos you don't know how your funds is been used to generate profit that will be used to pay you and others. It is simply understandable shaa, you get paid when another member makes a deposit. If only you are one of the first come first served people, if not losing will be the next name for you.