Do you prefer being an employer or an employee

Carpon

Valued Contributor
An employer is someone who hires and pays someone for a labour or service rendered. An employee is someone that is hired and paid to work. This thread aims at comparing the two and ascertaining which is more preferable to people and groups.

As an employee, you are working under your employer who describes and dictates your duties and works. He has rights to dictate how you deliver based on his preference. You get paid for your work at periods you agreed on.

As an employer, you must be able to put things in place to generate enough income that can be used to settle your employee(s). You ensure that those working under you are performing their tasks and duties efficiently and effectively.

There are more things attached to being an employee or an employer and personally, I am alright with being any of the two but of course I prefer being an employer than being the employed because, as an employee, I feel I am like a subject who has to obey the rules set by the governing authority and that makes me feel inferior; a feeling I do not love.

What is your own choice. Being an employer or an employee?

E

eldavis

I believe the dream of everyone is to become and employer, because this means the business has grown to a point where you not only need extra hands but you have the capacity to pay them. Most employers today once started as an employee, this is where most usually get the needed knowledge and experience to carry out their own business when the time comes. For me I would want to be an employer than an employee. I have witnessed what it's like to be an employee though you are being protected form Making certain decisions that would affect the business either positive or negative and you don't have to deal with managing the staffs but your freedom is limited. In most cases as an employee you may not be able to carry out your personal jobs.

Heartstrings

Everyone would want to be an employer,is just that the opportunity hasn't present itself,been an employer is not something that is easy Just like how been an employee is,just that you will have everything in control,you make the rules and you have total control over everything and everyone. Though some people are a bad employer,they make life a living hell for their employees, boss them around like slaves just because they work under you. I was once an employer many years ago,but I lost everything due to some certain unforseen circumstances,I have decided not to be slave to anyone reason why I opt for online earning.

There are good employers out there for certain but we never can tell which we would fall into,some pye are good that we tend not to leave such job but try to endure the rudeness of the boss,just because of the pay and how bad the economy is.

I prefer been an employer than an employee

Richee84

In life every person will want to be an employer than to be an employee. Been engage in the two has it advantages and disadvantages.
It is always good start from the employee level and I have my reasons for saying this. Employee level serve as training ground to most of future employer. When you work under someone there are certain advantages that you get from there apart from your salary. The experience will be there for you to know how to manage your company if you have one in future. Some of those experience you learn while working under someone will be helpful and put to use when you also become employer of labour.
It is will not be easy for an employer who have no working or management experience from another place to cope with the position he find himself in. He might see himself as the boss but might lack so many things and care is not taken on his side the staff that has in dept knowledge about the work than him might might take advantage of his weakness which might lead to losses to the business. I love to become an employer of labour but I must have the training and experience under someone.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is not all about becoming an employer of a company, but rather it is all about becoming an effective and good organisational employer. And in order to achieve your decision and intention of becoming a good and effective organisational employer you need to first of all start as an employee under another. We totally understand that organisational employers are Masters and superior to the organisational employees and most of the times their employees usually adhere and listen to any instructions passed on by the employers, we can never learn to be good employers if we have not taste the shoes of our employees figuratively speaking.

One of the reasons why employers end up becoming rude and arrogant towards their employees is actually because they do not know how it feel to be an employee, but a particular employer who has totally tested how it feels to be an employee before actually graduating or growing to become an employer can totally behave in such a way likable by his or her employees.