Do you feel safe giving out personal information to survey sites?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In our bid to make money online, we tend to give out a lot of personal information to these survey sites all because they pay us some Money. It seems the more we give out genuine information about ourselves to these sites when completing surveys, the more we become qualified and get to receive more survey notifications in our emails.
Despite all this, can we freely say that our personal information is really safe with these sites?
With more technological advancements, we seem to have no privacy again and there are reports of how some people sell personal data to the highest bidder on the dark web.
What do you have to say about this? Do this sites keep to their word when they say our information is safe with them?

Sammyesx

Most questions that are asked in a survey are not questions that should make someone uncomfortable, they are just that is necessary for the survey and check if you are qualified to carry out the survey, and beside one of survey sites responsibility is to protect your information from getting to a third party

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Well, it depends on the standard and the integrity of the survey panel. There is actually nothing wrong in giving one information to a survey panel as long as the survey panel has promised to keep the information confidential and only for the survey purpose. Their are many survey sites I've worked with, the common thing I notice about them is whenever they need to get your personal information they will include it in their terms and conditions that your information is save with them. If you later find out that your information is later leaked out to the public without your approval then you have a legal ground against the survey panel.
I agree with your submissions, it is important for us to make sure we only take surveys from reputable panels that are legit and trusted, ones that care about their reputation and would not do anything that would cause them to have negative reviews.
The problem is, a lot of us do not care about whether these factors are put in place, we just want to earn money and do not do our own research to ensure that a survey panel we are earning with are not using our personal information for something dubious.
It is important to make sure you read the terms and conditions of any survey site so as not to give out your information to dubious people.

eenya00

In our bid to make money online, we tend to give out a lot of personal information to these survey sites all because they pay us some Money. It seems the more we give out genuine information about ourselves to these sites when completing surveys, the more we become qualified and get to receive more survey notifications in our emails.
Despite all this, can we freely say that our personal information is really safe with these sites?
With more technological advancements, we seem to have no privacy again and there are reports of how some people sell personal data to the highest bidder on the dark web.
What do you have to say about this? Do this sites keep to their word when they say our information is safe with them?
As for me, I literally don't believe that the information these surveying sites collect from you is in any way safe. They tell you firstly that they would pay you a certain amount of money if you meet up a certain requirement, and when you do meet up that requirement they refuse to pay, so how would you trust such an organization with your details.

rightminds

Well, it depends on the standard and the integrity of the survey panel. There is actually nothing wrong in giving one information to a survey panel as long as the survey panel has promised to keep the information confidential and only for the survey purpose. Their are many survey sites I've worked with, the common thing I notice about them is whenever they need to get your personal information they will include it in their terms and conditions that your information is save with them. If you later find out that your information is later leaked out to the public without your approval then you have a legal ground against the survey panel.

Donkiz

This depends on how personal the information is, I'm usually skeptical of any site that ask for personal information not just survey sites. Truth is that I don't believe in those their saying that your information are save, that it's for market research usage only and will not be sold, even though I normally supply real information but I have never given any information that is too personal and I'm not planning to, because at the end of all question and answer section they will still say that you are not qualified for the survey.

Kennysplash

Verified member
I used to fill out all the questions honestly with no qualms. The questions actually contains no harm. They ask questions such as "how many members are in your household, what is your combined income annually, do you make the most decisions in your family etc. These questions can do no harm in themselves, but the trouble is after going through all the trouble to fill and answer there questions, they will say no surveys available for you. It breaks my heart, that is why I have removed my hands from survey sites. I will rather engage my time in paid to write sites than in fruitless surveys.