Do you feel safe giving out personal information to survey sites?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
In our bid to make money online, we tend to give out a lot of personal information to these survey sites all because they pay us some Money. It seems the more we give out genuine information about ourselves to these sites when completing surveys, the more we become qualified and get to receive more survey notifications in our emails.
Despite all this, can we freely say that our personal information is really safe with these sites?
With more technological advancements, we seem to have no privacy again and there are reports of how some people sell personal data to the highest bidder on the dark web.
What do you have to say about this? Do this sites keep to their word when they say our information is safe with them?

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
These survey companies ask for only basic details which a normal person have nothing to hide, like age, gender, job etc. But, if they ask something like bank details and other things, people will just say good-bye to them. However, most of the survey profiles are fake, just made up based on surveys people receive and try to gain from it, I know many people who faked their information, because their real information never made them eligible to earn with most surveys, but fake profile made them earn good money.

anil02

Verified member
I am agree with you Olajidey, person who are working online many information of them are on available online. Once I visit to site which are supply equipment for disable, after it adds of this site is following me at each and every site i visited. It means they know that which site I am using. On survey sites we have give right information about our location, and need to give any right information. We tell them which are helpful for us to getting more and more survey.

IamDozzy

It depends on the kind of questions I am asked on the survey site. If it's too personal and I know it can be used against me in the future then intend to be skeptical of such sites but if it's not too personal or like things I do everyday tend I give my all on such surveys. The world is fully digital so we all should be careful of things we share on such sites as it could come back to hunt is in the future. Remember, the internet never forgets.

Olajidey

Well, most of the survey site doesn't really give vital information out and the questions been ask is not always security questions that you will feel reluctant to give out. Most of our information is on the web and they didn't pay us for having our information so why won't I want to drop this to a survey site that is willing to pay me for telling them about my household, but when I feel the question been ask is getting too personal with some security question I do back out.

anil02

Verified member
Yes it is right we have to fill in some high class details. But these are not which show that we are millionaire or multimillionaire. Because a too much wealthy person never do survey work. But our earning is so much that we can buy a car and have foreign visits. Yes it is high profile professional neve waste his time on survey work. But some house wives are also doing survey work. Although they have some less chance to get surveys. Survey sites are paying more to peoples who are living in tier 1 countries. Here in my country our earning from one survey is less than $1

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is right that our information are not safe. Not only at survey site but also on social media like whats app, Face book and twitter. Now it is new issue that whats app with share our information with others. Here in India issue is in court. I am telling one more fact about our information at survey sites, indeed many peoples are not giving right information. Most of are telling lies. Only information but our location is right but most of information about family, earning, qualification, job are not right. I know one person who are earning too much at survey sites without giving them right information
For you to earn something reasonable from survey sites, you would have to fill in some high class details which are obviously not true. If you think about it very well, people who have the requirements that survey sites are looking for do not have time to take surveys and receive peanut payments. They have got meaningful things to do. Imagine someone who already has a PhD,works with some top firms and has a family. It is already clear that such an individual would only be wasting his time taking surveys, because the little payment can not settle his bills.
They are already receiving high payments and so survey sites would be complete waste of their time.

It is hard to fill in correct details on a survey site, except you do not want to earn.

anil02

Verified member
In our bid to make money online, we tend to give out a lot of personal information to these survey sites all because they pay us some Money. It seems the more we give out genuine information about ourselves to these sites when completing surveys, the more we become qualified and get to receive more survey notifications in our emails.
Despite all this, can we freely say that our personal information is really safe with these sites?
With more technological advancements, we seem to have no privacy again and there are reports of how some people sell personal data to the highest bidder on the dark web.
What do you have to say about this? Do this sites keep to their word when they say our information is safe with them?
It is right that our information are not safe. Not only at survey site but also on social media like whats app, Face book and twitter. Now it is new issue that whats app with share our information with others. Here in India issue is in court. I am telling one more fact about our information at survey sites, indeed many peoples are not giving right information. Most of are telling lies. Only information but our location is right but most of information about family, earning, qualification, job are not right. I know one person who are earning too much at survey sites without giving them right information

Abu4exel

We can escape given out of personal information to a survey sites but we just have to be careful when doing that, we should not be in haste to making money and disclose our personal information to unsecured site. There is a saying that, look before you leap. So we should be extra careful in given out information hastily.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Thanks for bringing in this question. survey is one of the way some people are making money on the internet especially those who are living at the top tier countries.

This may sound on less ethic, but I need to be honest, I developed a special profile for all the survey sites I have ever participated in. The reason is that I crave for my privacy much more.

And another thing is that I am afraid if someone will treat my personal data to the third party. Though might not have this intention of trading personal information with the third party. But they may be vulnerable to external attack from the hackers.

D

Debra

Taking part in surveys is quite good to me since questions asked are iñformation that one can give.But if one could be asked personal details like bank account signatures this can make someone suspicious of loosing his or her money.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
The information that I have given out in most survey sites seem normal to me and so I have no issue giving them out. Such normal questions include; my level of education, my current occupation or the number of people in my household. Most of the surveys I have come across are structured around those questions that don't seem harmful to give out. However, if I come across a survey that wants me to give some personal details like the Personal Identification Number (PIN) to my mobile money account then I will definitely be scared of doing that survey. The problem with the survey sites that give normal questions is that I still don't get paid most times even after answering all of them.

marcusfe

I have nothing to worry about giving my personal details to survey sites because most of the information they always require are normal and can be released on every other platforms. In other words, most of the popular survey sites are large business organizations that one can entrust his/her personal details with except some uncommon ones. Whenever one is working online irrespective of the platform it is always good to take adequate caution about where to divulge ones information. If don't trust a particular site there is no point in giving them you real information. It's all about personal decision.

Cryptoon

Thanks @Bookwormlux because I believe that most people seeking jobs online have at least once asked such a question. The internet is so vast you can't begin to tell where your private information may end up. It also depends on the kind of information being requested by the site: it doesn't make sense to give out your account pin, so I don't expect any survey site to ask for such.

But hackers only need little of your account information to know where to start. All I can say is that it's all about luck--if the site mishandles your information then you landed badly on your quest for cash.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't see anything wrong in answering surveys. Those surveys you take are used for research purposes by companies in order to improve their products or agencies seeking public opinions.
The personal information you're asked to provide can't be used to harm because you because those conducting surveys are reputable companies or agencies. If you don't feel comfortable taking online surveys then simply back out, nobody's forcing you.
The only problem i have with survey sites is the pay especially for those of us in Africa. If there's any survey site that pays Africans well, i don't mind taking part.

Ralphjoe

It's actually very safe to give out ones personal information to survey site because these survey site sells these information to companies who inturn use these information for marketing purposes not for any personal business. These business pays for these surveys to know how acceptable their products will be in the market, thats why it's called a survey. I don't see any reason why these companies will be able to get any reasonable amount of information on individuals from what they intent to use as product testing platform.

Divinechidera

There's no way I'm believing that the information got on surveys are not being sold. Although, it will still be used for research, it'll still be sold.
That's the reason I do not put some personal information on those survey sites. We should all be skeptical about giving out personal information on all these sites as we don't know where our information is going to.

Sprite1950

I know it's risky but I do give more out than I think I should. I find I get a lot of marketing calls on my land line and I wonder if it is as a result of the information I give out because when I stop doing surveys the calls seem to stop. That could be coincidence. You can go to a site to check whether your email has been compromised in any way and I have found several breaches. The site is called pwned.com and anyone can check.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yeah, when it comes to taking surveys. This sometimes becomes the issue. However, I gave so many surveys on the survey sites, and also got paid for it, but it's rare that they will ask you such information that you will be at risk. Location and knowing about the status is fine for me. Because, by it they don't harm you. They just take a kind of analysis and when we are paid for it, we can provide some info till a limit.

And, for extra income we do these things in leisure but of course, qualification is an issue with it.

Kendri

In seeking to earn extra income online, we are obliged to make various personal data available to these research sites because they reward us with some money. It seems that the more we make real information about ourselves available to these sites when completing surveys, the more we are empowered and we get more survey notifications in our emails.
Although we can say with absolute certainty that our personal information is effectively secure with these sites?
Little by little with technological growth, it proves that we do not have privacy once again there is information from people who sell personal data to the Deep Web.
It is very difficult to believe their word.