Do People Read Blogs Anymore?

Alikajay

Individuals obviously still read sites. Actually, 77% of web clients overall like understanding them. Individuals in the United States alone read websites 3X more than messages. Thusly, the quantity of bloggers in the US is ventured to ascend to 31.7 million this year from 31.2 million last year.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is a good topic to discuss because I have 3 blogs that are currently inactive. In Facebook I have almost a thousand friends when my blogs were active. I was promoting the blogs in Facebook and I was expecting my blogs to get at least 50 hits. But only a handful would be reading my blogs. That is why my blogs are inactive because I lost the motivation to write. Now I have a plan to create a new blog about pets because I am a pet lover. But I couldn't gather the mood to start writing. When I read the title of this thread, yes, do you really think that there are many who read blogs? Maybe it depends on the type of blog but still it looks like the blog is not that popular anymore.

E

eldavis

I know for a fact that back there blogs where extremely popular, alot of persons read them, people even go to these blogs to get information about various things. Right now the use of blogs still exist and there are still persons who go to blogs for a good read, but I feel compared to the beginning, people do not make use of blogs much again.

Sherifshorg

Of course, people still read blogs that are related to their needs. For your blog to get views, it must solve the problem of the reader and be captivating enough

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I must say that online literature and blogs have replaced newspaper and I would say that people do read blogs to some extent. After all, why are people using the Internet? I am sure that people are not merely using the Internet to watch videos all the time. I must say that there is a great quantity of people who are reading blogs each day. It might feel like people are not reading articles daily. If this were the case, the many famous websites such as Washington Post, The New York Post, Forbes, etc would have been closed a long time ago.

However, we can see that these websites are not only thriving, but the fact remains that the advertisement revenue of these websites are increasing each year and this is a proof that people are visiting these websites and many other popular blogs each day. If people were not visiting these sites or other popular blogs, then they would never have had generated a massive advertisement revenue each month. The survival of your blog depends on how much traffic your blog is generating each month. If you can manage to generate massive traffic, then you can guarantee that your blog will have a massive readership in the end.