Do I necessarily need to be educated to be an entrepreneur.

PICKFORD

Verified member
Going to school or business school is necessarily not a main criteria to success so if you want to be an entrepreneur it's all about having the right mindset the right planning and ways you can implement your business ideas an entrepreneur is someone who risk taker and if you are a good risk taker then you're good to go, note it's not all about taking any type of race the rules you are about to take must be well calculated we specified ups and downs and know how to cope if your plan doesn't go well an enterpreneur does not waste time grieving on lost project although it is okay to grieve but for an enterpreneur much of his or her time should not be wasted on grievience .
it is important to know that there are other better skills that you can develop if you go to business School as an entrepreneur with a degree in school in you are able to build up a creative thinking you can also take mentorship program to teach others and upcoming entrepreneurs on questions that might be bothering them so going to school and not going to school what really matters is the mindset that you have.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Many people would say that you may not need to be educated in order to become a businessman. This is true to some extent. I know of many people who are pretty rich. They have the skills to earn money, despite not being educated at all. However, I must say that being educated will provide you with many benefits that might make you much better than those people who are rich, but still does not hold a degree. One of the reasons you must be educated is that becoming an educated person increases your value in the eyes of people. People respect educated person. Apart from that, being educated means that you are knowledgeable person.

For example, if you hold a degree in business and finance, then you will probably have more knowledge and technical skills related to financial accounting and matters related to business as compared to a person who knows nothing about it. This is why education indeed offers you various benefits in this regards, despite it being not necessary. Educated people are also quite talented and this is why they are educated. So, this is why it is important to pursue a career you like and try to become an entrepreneur in that field.

Godfather

true, yes you might have some inbound skills , but certainly need a level of education to perfectly manage it and get a life time result

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Education is not a yardstick to be a successful entrepreneur but it is a prerequisite for being a reputable entrepreneur. It is normal for someone not to be educated and still be a successful entrepreneur if he knows the principles that guide the entrepreneurship skill. But the person may not be reckoned with when it comes to international or even locally.

Someone that's educated and an entrepreneur will know how to blend new innovation with his skill, will know Joe to attract foreign investors and will likely go places compare to an entrepreneur that's not educated.

In conclusion, we must be educated no matter what we may want to be doing.

Moni

Your point is good but to me, is also good to go to school before becoming entrepreneur. Why I my saying this? Because although, maybe, you can become a business minded as you said but as compare you to your opponent who was well educated to become businessman will be far different.

• You employers can even cheat you if they are smart.
  • You can even recognize when running loss.

So at times it is advisable to be educated before running major business. But this also does not mean you can be a businessman without been educated no. There are a lot of business tycoons in my country that have not degree or higher level of education but still own big companies.

They just employ trusted people to manage them and some also have their sons and daughters as their business managers so in conclusion, I think it is good to be well educated before becoming entrepreneur.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
You need to clarify the kind of education you mean, is it the ability to read and write kind of education?

Entrepreneurship has nothing to do with school given education, because if you look at history most multi-billionaire success didn't even finish school to start with, the likes of Bill gates, Facebook's Mark Zuckerberg etc, so from there you'll understand that you don't need school given education to have a big shot at entrepreneurship.

What you need is knowledge on what you're getting into, for example if you want to build an internet company, this will have nothing to do with your finance MBA, what you'll be needing is knowledge on how to code and how to gain users.

In the above scenarios those are the only two things you need to succeed in your business.

You can sample this with a lot of people in the market nowadays, you'll realize that they don't have masters or PhD but they're quite stable financially and they don't prostitute there time for money compared to those with business degrees and MBA working in companies scraping every little cash that they have so that they won't go broke.

Entrepreneurship success is determine based on different factors which education has nothing to do with.

D

Deleted member 13140

Hahaha.. I really want to laugh first, because I read all the comments and I think its the second to the last that made me realise that most people don't completely understand.

The the comment said that if you're not educated your employees might cheat you, that is a ruthless truth that is happening, and that's because of illiteracy, but when it comes to being an entrepreneur, you have to read, Note: I didn't say go to school I said you have to read, books tons of it, the difference between going to school and reading it that in school you're forced to do something you don't like, but when the reading is up to you, you'll read mindset books like rich dad poor dad like a lot of books and you'll get educated while reading it, as an entrepreneur you should know how to do basic things, know a few thing off of everything, so believe me an entrepreneur doesn't have to go to school but you should form the habit of reading books always.

blessingc

A good and successful business is not and never have been built on education, I can shout it out loud and clear to the world that entrepreneurship needs you to be able to calculate and to read but not a necessity for you to further to tertiary to start up a good business. You can go to school and come back to do business and make it. You can also use your ideas, skills and experience to make your business a boom.

Alot of popular rich men today, alot if world richest business men today did not go to school to make it. There's also a smaller pool of billionaires, living and deceased, who never had any secondary education whatsoever. Some have started college, spent some time studying, and ultimately dropped out to pursue their dream. University education is far from being the only path to success generally even in business.

Mark Zuckerberg is a very good example of a business man who succeeded even without graduation. He left Harvard to pursue the idea of Facebook and has become one of the richest men in the world because of his one idea that blossomed into a billion dollar idea. He invested in the idea he had and made alot of money from it, that's business, a successful one at that.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
In order to be an entrepreneur, you should have a strong educational background. Many people think that education plays a small role in the entrepreneurial world. But it is important to recognize how critical of a role education can play in your venture.

When you're first starting out as an entrepreneur, you're taking on a lot of different roles at once. You might be doing your own marketing, writing your own copy, and building your website yourself. This means that you need to know a lot of different things to get the job done right. And even if you're not doing it yourself, it's good to have some idea of what's involved in each task so you can make educated decisions about who should do it for you and how they should do it.

If you don't have a strong educational background, chances are good that you won't be able to perform these tasks well enough to meet your customers' needs and they'll take their business elsewhere. After all, they've got plenty of options! Even small mistakes (like spelling errors) can make the difference between someone trusting your business or turning away from it forever.
However, there are people who made it big without going to school, and not being uneducated, you don't have to be in school to be educated or informed.

King bell

VIP Contributor
It is commonly believed that in order to be a successful entrepreneur, one must have a formal education. However, this is not always the case. Many people have been successful in business without any formal education. In fact, some of the most successful entrepreneurs did not finish college.

An entrepreneur is defined as a person who starts their own business or enterprise. But what does it really take to be an entrepreneur? Is a formal education necessary, or can one be successful without a college degree?

There is no single answer to this question. Some entrepreneurs are college educated, while others are self-taught. There are advantages and disadvantages to both approaches. A college education can provide you with valuable skills and knowledge, but it is not necessarily required to be successful in business. Self-education can be cheaper and faster, but you may not have the same level of expertise.

Ultimately, the best way to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur is to start your own business and see what happens. Trial and error is often the best teacher. So if you have an idea for a business, go for it! Who knows,

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
For me , I will even encourage someone that is interested to go into a business to at least go into a business school or if possible get into the university to study business and other related business courses because this will give you advance knowledge on how business should be run to achieve the desired goals.

It's not really compulsory for you to be educated before you can be an entrepreneur , but sometimes education is very much needed because there are some certain things you will be able to handle professionally if you are academically qualified .

There are different ways a person can be an enterpreneur , there are some business that can easily be established without you having to go through complicated business process , but at the same time if you are really interested to make a lot of money from business , education or some sort of training on business is necessary.