Do you necessarily need the advice of others to succeed in business.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Before I go any further in talking about what this thread is want to first of all clarify that there is a huge difference between what it means to give someone an advice and also what it means to give someone an option . As a business owner you may consider yourself to be very perfect possibly because you have gone through various School of education or college of education's and tertiary institutions studying about a particular business opportunity or a particular line of business and because of this you claim that you know everything and absolutely do not need the help of anyone . This is actually not totally true in some areas because in some parts of our business we need the advice of another person to aspire how to make our business plan to work .

It is actually not right for us to let others make decisions for us but what they can only do for us is to give us suggestions and as the business owner we are the ones to choose from these suggestions not letting them choose a particular decision for us to undergo in our business . As a business owner your business is your major priority and you are the only one that have the capability and ability to manage it and facilitate it to its fullest not members of the public .

blessingc

Of course good advice is needed to succeed in anything. It is said that two heads are better than one, and a tree cannot make a forest. Do not just think you can make it with your own little ideas, no matter how big it is. The little advice a small business owner can give to you can save you a whole lot of money, time and your business as a whole.

It is true that there are enemies of progress in businesses too, some advices can be conflicting or a danger to your business, so, you have to be careful and choose who to take advice from and what kind of advice you adhere to.

If you are new in the environment, or you are just starting up a business, you need the advice of people who have ideas if that business or those who have been fir long. Taking advices from customers can also make your business a boom. Customers are always right, they ask you to deliver what they are interested in, if you aren't having a product they are interested in or you don't deliver a service they need they'll go else where, that's why it is important you ask customers for their own opinions sometimes.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
When we talk about taking advices from people who are already successful in business, it does not mean that you should not cross check and pick the ones that suits you and your business and throw away the ones that won't have any impact on your business away.

Having a business is not a day job because you need a lot of knowledge and understanding in order to make it very successful. You may be faced with a lot of challenges in your business but locating people who have actually ventured into several businesses and succeeded is very much important because it can help you to make your business successful.

The main reason it is important for you to have a business mentor or opinions from people who have been into businesses before is because of experience as they're people that have very much experience in business and can actually make you to be successful.

You just have to be very careful in order not to apply things that might have been outdated into your business and of course it won't work. Anybody who wants to venture into a business must learn new things everyday concerning business management and the other things that make him or her a business owner.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is actually true that some business owners today feel that they are very perfect and they do not need the advice of any person in any way concerning their business or personally related activities to what their business possibly because they have gone through many educational strategies and schools of education just to be able to study a particular line of business so because of the estate thing that they are so perfect and they are not prone to make mistakes and errors . This is actually unthinkable because everyone of Us on yesterday are all imperfect humans and we are prone to make arrows that is why we always need the advice of another person possibly to aspire in life

With the advice of others towards our business we will be able to know which part of our business that we need to improve on and which area that we are already improving on . Basically what I am trying to say is that no one is completely perfect because sooner or later we all are prone to make errors and mistakes so do not take it as an embarrassment when someone advise you possibly towards your business .

Holicent

VIP Contributor
To succeed in business, you need the advice of others. The idea that a single person can be a master of all trades is a myth. The world is too complex, and there are too many areas of expertise required to run a business successfully. So when you're running your own business, don't try to go it alone. Collaborate with other people who have specialized knowledge in their fields. This will save you time and money, and help you make better decisions.

For example:
If you're trying to build an online presence for your company, then reach out to experts who know how to do this. They can save you from making costly mistakes that could undermine your brand's credibility. If your product requires specialized manufacturing techniques, then hire professionals who are skilled in these techniques. They can give you valuable insight into how best to produce your product at scale without sacrificing quality or safety standards.

You might think that by hiring consultants or experts from outside your organization, it will cost more money than if they were working directly for your company. However, this isn't always the case—and even when it is true, there are benefits beyond just saving costs upfront (which can still be substantial).

Oluwasegun purpose

course good advice is needed to succeed in anything. It is said that two heads are better than one, it is also said that a tree cannot make a forest. Do not just think you can make it with your own little ideas, no matter how big it is. The little advice a small business owner can give to you can save you a whole lot of money, time and your business as a whole. because if you get advise from peoples who have already been in a business industry for Long they would have know more about business they would have know the in or out about anything called business ...so the reason you need to get advise from peoples is because you don't know anything about business and you want to become a successful business person .......

Basically what I am trying to say is that no one is completely perfect because sooner or later you can make some errors and mistakes so do not take it as an embarrassment when someone advise you possibly towards your business ...because if that person who advise you did not you to become a successful business man he /she will not advice you....
In addition to this anyone who wants to succeeds in He/her business he/she should try to get advise from peoples who have to more about business and be in any business who aslo knowledge and wisdom some it

Franchise Solomon

Of course, everyone needs advice in all aspects of life to prevent "Had I known". We learn everyday, a tree cannot make a forest and no one is an island. But in taking advice, listen from more than one source, filter what pertains to you and what is not relevant, run with what is beneficial. No one should omniscient, only God is.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Yes, we need advise from others in order to carry on with our business endeavors. But not every advise matters, we should seek the advise of those who are successful with their own business that is mainly related to ours. I can't buy the idea of going to meet someone who has failed couple of times in his or her businesses in the past for advice. Such will be daunting choice for me if I go seek. Because, the adviser might not give me anything favourable to my progress. Most of his or her advise might be about how risky business might be, without pointing out to the ideal requirements needed to succeed. Since the person has failed couple of times, I believe he or she will feel unhappy when I'm making some progress and coming to meet him or her. Because he has experienced failures in business in the past. The best for me, is seeking the guidance of an expert and learning from the strategy he or she used and also making my own strategy to go further to operate a successful business that will last for a very long time and not crashing down to earth.