Delaying the salary of an employee .

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
It is commendable that many employees working in various business organisations do their best by investing their time , energy , knowledge , and cooperation to see to it that the business goals and objective are being achieved as expected. Some employers are fully aware that their employee are trying to carry out their assigned business goals and objective but yet they delayed salaries of this one bringing in devastating and disappointments situations within the life of these employees . There is a wise word that says that " hard work pays but laziness brings one poverty " . Employers who owns business organisations shouldn't delay the salary of the employees if they want to keep the industrious and hard-working behaviour of the employees .

Delaying of employee salary , makes an employee reluctant and sluggish in carrying out assigned tasks to achieve business goals and objective , due to the fact that he or she has not been renominated or compensated for his previous achievement an employee might develop a bad attitude to Ward his or her employer , the rate of respect and admiration also is said to be reduced . So for this not to happen delaying salary of an employee shouldn't be done .

Delaying the salary of an employee is a bad idea for a number of reasons.

First, it can cause the employee to feel taken advantage of. You're essentially using them as a service without paying them for it. On top of that, if you're promising them a certain wage, they may feel like they were misled if they aren't paid on time.

This can also negatively affect the employee's productivity. If they know you're going to delay their payment purposefully, they may shy away from doing tasks that are going to take longer than expected or take more effort. They may be hesitant to speak up about important issues because of this.

Second, there's the issue of trust. If you're delaying their payment, what is there to say that you won't do it again? Why should they trust you to pay them in the future? They may not even want to work with your business anymore because they don't feel confident enough in their employment status to continue doing so.

Finally, this can even affect your business' reputation. If people hear about what you've done and how you've treated your employees, word will spread quickly and it could damage your credibility and reputation in the long run.

Delaying an employee's salary is never a good thing.

Delaying the salary of employees without a valid reason is not a nice approach at all. As far as an agreement has been made concerning the time to pay salaries, the salaries should be paid at the said time. If some issues arise which may lead to delayed salaries,the employees should be aware of the situation and such situations should not occur frequently as it can be discouraging to the employees..
I have been to an organization where the salaries of the workers were delayed ,most times with deductions without reasons for doing so and this was the situation for months. The employees had no other option but to resign and look for better places and as the went to various places they spread the news of how bad their previous organization was. This alone has spoilt the name of the organization and will discourage other people from working there in order not to face the same problem.
It is wrong for a business owner or employer to delay the salary of his or her employees without reason. If this should be done, reasons should be given for doing so as it could be a means of disciplining incompetent workers that don't take their job seriously.

Good morning dear reader, for someone to devote his time, energy, and even knowledge in working for you, I don't see any reason why his salary most be delayed. The joy of every employee is to receive his or her salary at the appropriate time. Because he deserves it. Delaying the salary of employee can lead to many things in the business organization. As a result of that the employee will not bring out their best as they won't be happy doing that job. The key thing that motivate the employee to work with all their strength is that amount of money you give them at the end of the month which is called salary. Most of not all depends on that salary as their only source of living. Some even end up in debt before the months end hoping that when the salary is being paid they will pay the debt back. They may go on agreement with the person they are collecting debt with that by so so time I will return it back, at that instant if the salary is been delayed will lead to so many difficulty to the employee which will also affect the organization which he is working with.

It is very true that employees salaries should not be delayed at all. It causes them to feel so unmotivated and undervalued. Which will cause the company to be unproductive because employees will not be doing their best job. The poor motivation makes workers less productive.

Another consequence for this is that the employer may end up loosing their best skilled workers. This is because they will want to move to other jobs that pay better and on time. As an employer, you don't want to loose workers that way and so it is best to always pay on time.

Moreover, late salaries will mean that companies will not have stable finances. This is because they will be late in reading their budgets because they are late is disbursing salaries.

An employer who delays the salaries of his workers is not wise at all. In fact, to me, that employer is digging the grave of the business or establishment. Am actually talking from experience, if you are a boss and you don't give your workers their pay as at when due, you will only discourage them.
I once worked in an organization where the boss does not pay us well and still owe us money every month. At times, it takes two months to pay for one month salary and he usually complained a lot that people are owing him too..
Many of my colleges in that place of work, find it very difficult to eat three times daily, we don't even have decent wears to wear to the place of work. As he often tells us to always wear corporate wears to the place of work. How is that possible? Eventually, people started leaving the place one after the other. Even, one of the managers left there and told them plainly that she can not cope with this kind of life style. She has children and her husband is late, they do not give her any consideration at all. I also left and many other people too did.
Now the news am hearing about that place of work is not pretty has the organization has gone down to the drain.

A delay in salary is a common thing in my country when it comes to government jobs. Many employees of governmental departments and organizations do not receive salary on time in many cases and this usually leads to protests and strike in different parts of the country. In fact, many private organizations also cause many employees to wait for many days. I worked for this company which used to take advantage of employees. They used to hire job candidates when they made around five sales. The moment they made five sales, they were "hired" buy the organization. It was never an easy thing to do so. Moreover, they used to pay employees on the 8th or 10th of the following month.

For example, if you get hired on 1st February, you will receive salary on 8th or 10th March! Similarly, if you get hired on 15th February, you will get your salary on 8th or 10th of the following month (i.e. March). They used to pay around $3 per day (or $100 approximately) to employees. So you can imagine how much advantage they used to take! There were many other drawbacks of working in there, so I just left that company after working there for less than two months.

There are certain cases whereby delaying the salary of a worker by the employer takes places due to one legit reason or the other. In such a case, I think it would be best the manager encourage them you do not need to tell them exactly why the salary was delayed, but let them know that they would be paid. Then cases where the employer delays their salaries for no reasons, I feel this is simply inhumane and just wrong.

The rate at which the salary of workers in my country is being delayed is gradually turning to a normal culture and employers do not see anything wrong with the process. This bad omen usually affect mostly those who work in private organisations like schools. They make the employees work hard and tirelessly but at the end of the day, salaries are being owed and when it is eventually paid, they go as far as deducting or slashing it. The nature of work with frequent owed salaries has made it very appealing for one to take up jobs in private firms and schools. I had a first-hand experience where I worked in a school and unfortunately, the case remains the same. It is not surprising that the management would demand that you give your best and even set unrealistic targets. I resume school in the morning as early as 7am and dismiss by 4pm or 5pm in some cases, and the routine continues which is coupled with stress. They do not care about the effect of such rules and how it can affect the quality of productivity. The most discouraging part is, after trying to keep up with the target in the bid not to loose your job, salaries are being owed without remorse! If I had a static earning platform, I would not choose to work offline because even government organizations are facing the same ordeal of owed salaries and pensions.

In our culture where the worker sometimes accept a salary that is lower than the minimum wage according to the law the payment should always be on time. When the lowly worker's pay is delayed that is very crucial because the lowly worker's financial standing is on a hand to mouth basis. When the salary is not paid on the Saturday (end of the week) he would borrow money and usually he borrows from a lender that charges a high interest. When the worker finally receives his pay on the following week he would pay his debt and the interest. That is very unfair. That is why a delayed salary can cause the worker to leave.

For the office worker I have not heard of a delayed salary except for unusual cases like the bank had a problem of maybe there was an accident. But usually the HR department people are always prepared for any eventuality regarding the distribution of the salary.

If we talk about paying your employees, it's very important to remember that these people are humans like us and they have families too. They are the people who keep your business running.

These are the people who answer your phones and write your emails, who sell your products and keep your workspace clean, who fix your computers and tally up your expenses if you're lucky, maybe even all of these things. And if you're like most businesses, you probably couldn't get far without them.

It's crucial to remember that each employee is a person with bills and debts of their own, as well as other commitments they've made. Delayed payments can cause major problems for them and, in turn, for you. If they don't get paid when they need to be paid, they can start missing their own payments: rent or mortgage, credit card debt, car payments, student loans… the list goes on and on.

Any one of these missed payments can cause an employee's credit score to suffer and a bad credit score means more than just paying higher interest rates on loans. It can impact someone's ability to secure a loan at all or even rent an apartment. In short? Your employees' financial health is tied directly to yours. When they are disturbed your business is disturbed and shaky. When you sack them, you pay their bills and spend more money and time trying to get someone else who might not even be as loyal after getting all the required trainings and exposure.

Delaying the salary of an employee is a very bad thing to do because it discourages them from working it's also kills their motivation whenever they're working so it is very bad to delay the payments of your workers

Tneir is nothing making you sluggish and demoralized when you worked so hard, only to see your salary or reward being delayed. There should be accountable reason for such delay and not the one in which the company owner reluctantly allowed to go on. Employees have personal needs, that's the number one priority that pushed them to working for an employer. I can't be in a working organization that owes too much. I love the situation whereby after working, I get my reward ASAP, delaying it means wickedness especially when the funds are there to pay me. Unless I see enough justifiable reasons to believe that the company is facing financial redundancy then I'll consider for some time. But it doesn't mean too, that the company will keep me stranded without something to cheer up and take care of my needs somewhat by the end of the week or month while waiting for the salary to get settled. A hard working company that is innovative wouldn't lack money, provided they're solving problems for customers they'll always get money to clear all debts and have a reserve to keep the company afloat long time in case their is unforeseen circumstances that tries to pull the company down.

The major reason why workers get demotivated is the fact that most time, salary is paid late. No one likes it when salary is being late at least workers. Some employees may however like it. The more the salary is delayed, the more the workers may not be motivated to work harder.

Though the employeed do give reasons why they don't pay their workers on time but none of the given is tenable. Some have claimed that the global recession didn't let them have more money to pay for their workers. Others have claimed that some workers will leave if their salaries are not delayed. Can you imagine? That's what my employee told us why we asked her reason for delay in salary. She said when she delays salary by a week or two weeks, the worker will not want to leave.

The fact is that what those employees do not know is that delay in salary reduces the production level. Some workers get if not all get motivated by what they collect SD their salary. When it is delayed, they always have a troubled mind. And an employer with troubled mind can never give out his best. That's why employee should try to pay as and when due.