'Crypto is here to stay', says billionaire Bill Ackman

Stay Tuned with MEXC Global

In this crypto winter, Bill Ackman, the CEO and founder of hedge fund management firm Pershing Square, is still optimistic about cryptocurrencies and asserts that they "are here to stay." Ackman also mentioned a few cryptocurrency businesses he loves, such as the NFT platform Origyn, the platform for translating vehicle data called Dimo, Goldfinch Finance, and Goldfinch. He also mentioned how he was intrigued by Helium's tokenomics.

104823205-20171106-4350-2511.jpg
CEO and Founder of Pershing Square Bill Ackman interests in crypto (Source: CNBC)

Bill Ackman tweeted on Sunday:
The telephone, the internet, and crypto share one thing in common. Each technology improves on the next in terms of its ability to facilitate fraud. As such, I was initially a crypto skeptic, but after studying some of the more interesting crypto projects, I have come to believe that crypto can enable the formation of useful businesses and technologies that heretofore could not be created.

Cryptocurrency is compared by Bill Ackman to the development of the telephone and internet. According to what I understand, cryptocurrency is still in its infancy and many people do not believe it to be a true phenomenon. Believe it or not, some of my pals truly believe that the only people who will utilize cryptocurrency and commit crimes are those who browse the dark web. Ackman, on the other hand, thinks that the ability to issue a token as compensation for venture participants makes cryptocurrencies an useful instrument for expanding a project's reach to a global workforce.

At first, Bill Ackman believed that tokens have no intrinsic value. But after learning more from various cryptocurrency initiatives like Helium, he came to the conclusion that cryptocurrencies had the power to significantly improve society and the world economy. Despite the fact that, as of his tweet on Sunday, Ackman is not participating in Helium. What then is Helium?

Helium Network
Blockchain technology is used by the network Helium to integrate wireless communication protocols. Its prior focus was on Internet of Things devices like sensors and trackers. The network presently has one million nodes, and the operators are compensated with HNT coins.

Bill Ackman tweeted about helium:
Given HNT’s ultimately finite supply, the balance between supply and demand yields a market price which increases or decreases over time along with the success of the Helium Wi-Fi network. As such, HNT becomes a valued commodity whose price is determined by supply and demand.

Final Thoughts
Bill Ackman emphasizes that he treats his cryptocurrency holdings as a hobby and that, once properly regulated, digital assets would have greater potential. In my opinion, regulation is beneficial to investors. Decentralization, though, is one of the aspects I find to be most intriguing. Will cryptocurrency preserve its decentralization, nevertheless, under regulation? Since we do not yet know the answer, I am eager to see what the next chapter will bring.