Covid will eat your savings

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My sister-in-law was just released from the hospital for covid. We are glad that her condition did not get worse. Her stay of 10 days in the hospital costs them 500,000 pesos which is $10,000. It was fortunate that her daughter was positive of covid but was asymptomatic so she just stayed quarantine at home.

We have to be very careful of covid because once contaminated and we go to the hospital you can expect a big expense. It will eat your savings and if you have no savings then that would be a financial disaster. An office mate of my wife spent $50,000 for the hospital confinement because of covid. Fortunately she was healed. Many have died in the hospital, losing life and losing big money because of the pestilence called covid.

I was tested positive. Thankfully, I did not have to go to the hospital even though I was symptomatic. I had a fever for 11 days, I had a cough and sore throat for two weeks. Even though I did not go to the hospital I was administered a lot of medicines, supplements, etc. I also had to et a lot of nutritious fees. I had to spend a lot of money.

This is actually a very sad thing to hear about the covid-19 pandemic. This reflects about how very different that our health systems are. I worked briefly in the isolation unit during the pandemic and all the people that were diagnosed did not pay a single Kobo for either diagnosis or treatment.