Considering a career in mechanical engineering?

Vinkce

Mechanical engineering is a really wide choice of career. Why did I say this? As a mechanical engineer, you have a very wide range of companies to work for. It is not really a constrained job like a petroleum engineer who can only work in petroleum-related companies alone. So you see. But there are questions you need to ask yourself before venturing into such a career. Some of these questions are listed below. They include;
1. Are you good in mathematics and physics?
2. Do you have flare for repair and maintenance?

The second question is really an important one because mechanical engineers do more of manufacturing, coupling, repair and maintenance. So ask yourself these questions.
The first question there in my opinion, would not be what I would consider one considering before he ventures into a course. The strength to read a course, especially one of such kind, comes from the passion for it. It's from there that driving force to learn anything necessary would come from. If you have the passion for creating or fixing mechanical objects, and you are poor in maths, that weakness should not way you down or hinder you from actualising your passion. If you really want to become a professional in that which you have passion for, you would not allow maths or some other weakness stop you.

Yes.
The first question there in my opinion, would not be what I would consider one considering before he ventures into a course. The strength to read a course, especially one of such kind, comes from the passion for it. It's from there that driving force to learn anything necessary would come from. If you have the passion for creating or fixing mechanical objects, and you are poor in maths, that weakness should not way you down or hinder you from actualising your passion. If you really want to become a professional in that which you have passion for, you would not allow maths or some other weakness stop you.
Yes, you are right, that's why I stated that they were some questions you can ask yourself. It's not just those questions. There are others, but I just limited it to those two.

GulliveR

To be honest, yes, because with every. This means that the demand for them is growing.