Considering Engineering as a career

Chemical engineering
Here are simply Things to consider before choosing a career path as a chemical engineer.
First of all, you need to ask yourself who a chemical engineer is and what do they even do.
Then, after you check if this aligns with what you really like or hope to do or achieve. You may be a student and you do not like studying chemistry and mathematics. If you are that kind of student, chemical engineering won't be a good career path for you because chemical engineering is Deeply about chemistry and its operation. Don't choose chemical engineering or any career because your friends are choosing it. You have your own future and your friends have theirs. So pursue yours and not theirs.

Aeronautic engineering
Have you ever thought about what you need before considering aeronautic engineering as a career?
When I still small and little and I see planes fly over our houses, I will always stare at the plane for minutes till it disappears from my sight. It was something I always loved watching because I always wanted to know what propels the plane to such height. I became very curious and asked my dad about it.
However, over the years, I have seen somethings you must consider before taking up aeronautic engineering as a career and profession.
They are;
1. How good are you at maths, physics and geography?
2. Are you scared of heights?
3. Do you love driving for hours?
4. Do you have the funds to study the course?

These are just few things to know when considering such a career.

Mechanical engineering
Mechanical engineering is a really wide choice of career. Why did I say this? As a mechanical engineer, you have a very wide range of companies to work for. It is not really a constrained job like a petroleum engineer who can only work in petroleum-related companies alone. So you see. But there are questions you need to ask yourself before venturing into such a career. Some of these questions are listed below. They include;
1. Are you good in mathematics and physics?
2. Do you have flare for repair and maintenance?

The second question is really an important one because mechanical engineers do more of manufacturing, coupling, repair and maintenance. So ask yourself these questions.

Last edited by a moderator: