Coconut and Fatty Fish for Weight Loss

raaman

Valued Contributor
Including coconut in your diet or cooking with coconut oil is harmless and does not affect your weight in any way. While it is high in saturated fat, it comes from lauric acid which fights bacteria and improves cholesterol levels.

In addition, a study published in Lipids claimed that coconut oil can reduce abdominal fat.

Fatty fish such as salmon, sardines and mackerel contain omega-3 fatty acids and protein which is good for our heart and also helps in weight loss. In addition, these fish are rich in protein, which keeps your desire to eat, at bay for a long time.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think weight loss need one eating everything in moderation.especially the healthy ones that needs to give the body the needed strength and nutrients it needs to function properly.
I know coconut and the fish you just mentioned are fatty but the good thing is that it is the healthy fat that the body and for weight loss, it keep one full for a long time which will keep one from eating junks that will Mars the weight loss routine

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This will all depend on the body system of an individual ,I know of someone over here who does not consume anything like that because it can upset their body system and in this case the person do not have any other option than to avoid anything that causes problem. Some things may be good for other people but can be very dangerous to others.

Empress

Verified member
We can also loose weight by eating foods that are very low in calories and stop eating all this junk foods, saturated fat, and trans fat they only add calories to the body and we should also do morning workout so as to help in being fit, strong and healthy