Can Coconut Serve More Than Food?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Coconut can be eaten alone or with other food, coconut can be used to prepare coconut rice, which is also prepared in Africa, but then I have this to say about "coconut not just eaten as food."

Diseases like diabetes are often treated with coconut oil. Coconut oil is a natural product that is produced by pressing the flesh of the coconut. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats. These fats are used to produce ketones, which are used as energy-providing molecules in the body.

The use of coconut oil in the treatment of diseases has been studied extensively. Ketogenic diets were found to have positive effects on epilepsy in children who did not respond to other treatments. They also had positive effects on cancer patients and individuals suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Some say coconut can cure even cancer and other diseases because it increases your metabolism. On the other hand some people say only traditional coconut oil is used to maintain the health of your skin and hair, but it can't cure disease.

What do you think about coconut curing diseases? Do you know any disease that can be cured using coconut and how?

E

eldavis

The intake of coconut it self also has many functions besides using it for cooking like you have rightly said. Coconut oil is also good for does into keto diet, the oil is more healthy then groundnut oil and contain less cholesterol. The intake of coconut can also help in fighting bladder stones and it is also good for weight loss, and to also reduce high cholesterol for does having this issue.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this comment but we should not be sharing health treatments that have no conclusive results in the lab testing. This is the problem in our culture during the olden days. There was no internet yet so people easily believe when someone would say coconut can cure your disease. My experience with coconut started when my wife showed symptoms of kidney stone. The advice of old folks is to drink coconut water so the stone will be dissolved. But the coconut water was not effective because my wife had kidney stones twice and there was also the 3rd occurrence of stone. Anyway, I was advised against drinking coconut water regularly because it has a bad effect in the stomach. I have an acidic stomach that coconut water will aggravate the production of gas inside me.

I hope people will be conscientious in posting about health items. Please confirm the issue before you post it.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I don't really know if coconut can cure diseases. If someone has tried it and it cured the disease then it might be true. But there should be a scientific research that proves it. I think maybe it just works alongside medicines used to treat that disease.

Personally, I have always known that coconut is very good for skin care and hair nourishment. It helps both of them to stay healthy and it has been recommended by many professional beauticians and dermatologists.

What I also know with coconut is that it is a good fruit for your general health. It has very healthy oils that your body may need. I will have to research more about it being able to treat diseases like you have mentioned.

Ayeshabashir

Yes there are many benefits of coconut but we should eat it in moderation because it contains large amounts of calories and fat we should eat it in balance besides this if we eat unsweetened coconut meat then it proves to be helpful to maintain a balance diet .If we use coconut then it proves very good thing to reduce the chance of some disease for example we can reduces heart attack problem ,we can reduce our weight through using this and also improved our digestion problems and drinking coconut water is also good but not too much otherwise it increases the potassium level in blood and lead to kidney and reduce and irregular heartbeat problems if we talk about coconut oil then it is also very good to use it moisturize your skin ,increase wound healing process also good for hair it protects your hair from damaging.By using coconut your fat will burn and your hunger will also reduce and also it sharp your mind skills there a plenty of benefits of coconut oil, water but i am discussing a few here but i want to tell you that excess of everything is bad so we should do anything in a balanced amount

Wiserr

Well I believe both of them are very important and they both has role in our system, we all humans need food for the strong and wellbeing, food is one of the major thing all human wants in other to survive, without food it is impossible to live healthy and strong without eating food, but still I am very sure that coconut too still have to mention but a few advantages in our system, which may include, giving power to the eye that isviy serves as a source of vitamin D, vitamin, E, vitamin C, and vitamin A, which is very important to our system
What I want I want you to know is that both of them are necessary and very essential, but the only difference is that one can never ever survive without him taking food, but I believe one can even stay for couple of years without eating coconut
But still it will be very good if one gets the both of them because they are very useful in our diet, apart from the coconut it is very important to be eating fruits, they really helps our immune system
That is all that i can say about coconut and food which are both essential.

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Coconut can be eaten alone or with other food, coconut can be used to prepare coconut rice, which is also prepared in Africa, but then I have this to say about "coconut not just eaten as food."

Diseases like diabetes are often treated with coconut oil. Coconut oil is a natural product that is produced by pressing the flesh of the coconut. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats. These fats are used to produce ketones, which are used as energy-providing molecules in the body.

The use of coconut oil in the treatment of diseases has been studied extensively. Ketogenic diets were found to have positive effects on epilepsy in children who did not respond to other treatments. They also had positive effects on cancer patients and individuals suffering from Alzheimer's disease and dementia.

Some say coconut can cure even cancer and other diseases because it increases your metabolism. On the other hand some people say only traditional coconut oil is used to maintain the health of your skin and hair, but it can't cure disease.

What do you think about coconut curing diseases? Do you know any disease that can be cured using coconut and how?
Hi. Your thread is very interesting and informative. The topics of health are my favourite. If only I had the time to read all of them! Thank you very much for sharing this useful information about coconut.

Coconut is very healthy for us indeed. I have read a lot of interesting things about coconut and how good for our health is so I started consuming it often. A few years ago I stopped drinking milk and I started drinking coconut milk. I have heard that cow milk is not so healthy. On the other hand, coconut milk is so tasty and healthy. You can enjoy it hot in the winter and cold in the summer. I use it both in the cakes and in the food I make daily for my family.

When I visited Thailand many years ago, I realized how popular coconut is. The people there like it so much and they consume it daily. They even make shampoos and soaps from it. They are right! Coconut is perfect!

To be honest, I am not sure if coconut can cure diseases. It could possibly cure some diseases. Anyway, coconut is worth adding to our daily diet because it has a lot of health benefits. Thank you very much for your wonderful post. :)

Jasz

VIP Contributor
I do appreciate your comments. This is a thread on health and I believe opinions count, that's why there is a solution. Meanwhile, my thread was based on peoples experience and some research I made online. Like you rightly said, this particular thread is inconclusive, I wanted people to contribute based on their experiences too. So many things, so many herbs, so many natural plants had helped and are still helping, so many things a lot of us don't know but works. If we don't discus it, how do we find solutions??.

On this note, I will like to remind you some of these natural plants are fused together with some or most of these drugs we take without we knowing.

I will encourage you to follow informative threads like this, it will help you make more research and be updated as well.
Pardon me for this comment but we should not be sharing health treatments that have no conclusive results in the lab testing. This is the problem in our culture during the olden days. There was no internet yet so people easily believe when someone would say coconut can cure your disease. My experience with coconut started when my wife showed symptoms of kidney stone. The advice of old folks is to drink coconut water so the stone will be dissolved. But the coconut water was not effective because my wife had kidney stones twice and there was also the 3rd occurrence of stone. Anyway, I was advised against drinking coconut water regularly because it has a bad effect in the stomach. I have an acidic stomach that coconut water will aggravate the production of gas inside me.

I hope people will be conscientious in posting about health items. Please confirm the issue before you post it.