CEX Exchange - scam

AlonaSazonova

Hello,
My name is Alena, and I am a cryptocurrency trader.
I have encountered a problem with the Cex.io exchange and would like to ask for your help. Unfortunately, their customer support has not responded to me for over two months.
I asked a friend of mine to send something to Cex.io's technical support from his account, and he received an immediate response. This led me to believe that they are deliberately ignoring my messages.
My Cex.io account was blocked on October 8, 2022. I have $10,000 in my account, which is crucial for me and my family. In other words, they have effectively taken my money.
I am a real person, not a criminal. I have completed the KYC process, and I was never informed of any upcoming restrictions.
It has been a year since my account was blocked, and there has been no progress. I am still waiting without any access to my account and my funds, which by law should be my private property.
Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I deposited $2,400 into the exchange, but this amount grew to $10,000, and shortly after, my account was blocked. Initially, the exchange did not respond for six months, but we reached an impasse when they demanded that I provide them with the details of a third party because the $2,400 deposit was made by this third party from Binance. They started asking for screenshots from the third party's account and their passport information. However, I do not communicate with this person, and I have no contact with them. I also do not understand why this person is relevant when I have only been dealing with Cex.io. After I told them that I could not provide the third party's documents, they simply stopped responding. The last time they replied to my email was 3.5 months ago, and the issue has been unresolved for a year.
If Cex.io is responding to others and helping them unlock their accounts, perhaps you can provide me with some answers. I need to understand what to do and how to recover my money.
Has anyone else had experiences with these scammers?

It's really unfortunate that this kind of day robbery is still happening in the crypto space. That's the more reason I support regulation of crypto exchanges. I do hope you find a solution to this issue but my advise is to always use a top ranking CEX especially the ones that are regulatory compliant. Bitget, Binance and Bybit are among favourite exchanges but I rely more on Bitget because they are regulatory complaint and have no issues in operating in many countries.

Hello,
My name is Alena, and I am a cryptocurrency trader.
I have encountered a problem with the Cex.io exchange and would like to ask for your help. Unfortunately, their customer support has not responded to me for over two months.
I asked a friend of mine to send something to Cex.io's technical support from his account, and he received an immediate response. This led me to believe that they are deliberately ignoring my messages.
My Cex.io account was blocked on October 8, 2022. I have $10,000 in my account, which is crucial for me and my family. In other words, they have effectively taken my money.
I am a real person, not a criminal. I have completed the KYC process, and I was never informed of any upcoming restrictions.
It has been a year since my account was blocked, and there has been no progress. I am still waiting without any access to my account and my funds, which by law should be my private property.
Has anyone else experienced the same issue? I deposited $2,400 into the exchange, but this amount grew to $10,000, and shortly after, my account was blocked. Initially, the exchange did not respond for six months, but we reached an impasse when they demanded that I provide them with the details of a third party because the $2,400 deposit was made by this third party from Binance. They started asking for screenshots from the third party's account and their passport information. However, I do not communicate with this person, and I have no contact with them. I also do not understand why this person is relevant when I have only been dealing with Cex.io. After I told them that I could not provide the third party's documents, they simply stopped responding. The last time they replied to my email was 3.5 months ago, and the issue has been unresolved for a year.
If Cex.io is responding to others and helping them unlock their accounts, perhaps you can provide me with some answers. I need to understand what to do and how to recover my money.
Has anyone else had experiences with these scammers?
I really do sympathize with you but at this point, I'll advice you cooperate with them and sort things out by providing the info they need. Reasons are that that particular transaction from the third party might have been flagged for some kind of illegality against the basic AML regulation or there has been a report of that person's account by the law enforcement agency. So the exchange do not have any other option than to comply. That's why it's always advisable not to use a third party account for crypto transactions.

It's really unfortunate that this kind of day robbery is still happening in the crypto space. That's the more reason I support regulation of crypto exchanges. I do hope you find a solution to this issue but my advise is to always use a top ranking CEX especially the ones that are regulatory compliant. Bitget, Binance and Bybit are among favourite exchanges but I rely more on Bitget because they are regulatory complaint and have no issues in operating in many countries.
The ongoing SEC/Binance challenge coupled with the regulatory tussle of Bybit in regions like the UK and Canada makes the formal CEX a more reputable and reliable platform to kick-start your crypto journey.