Can you resign from your offline job to work online??

Ajebo25

Verified member
People always ask which is more profitable between online and offline business and I must say that they are both good but I have same distance. So there are many offline business which are less profitable to online business is simply because the owner of the offline business could not manage it well maybe he whole she has gone wrong in terms of marketing or satisfying customers.

And there are many scams when it comes to online businesses but that is for newbies because if you are an experienced online Worker you will be able to identify a scam website when you see one. Nevertheless they are ways by which are the people makes money online despite all this scam that we're hearing which means that's legit besides where people can still make money is is on the web sites in the situation whereby you get a legit website that pays you can you resign your offline job for it??

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yes, I can resign from my offline job for an online job, if it's worth it in terms of pay and freedom.

Job is a job, either offline or online, what's needed from you is productivity and good time management, if you have these qualities, then the medium you deliver your work doesn't really matters.

Online work might be more tedious than offline because you have to have some certain infrastructures in place to be able to make it a success, for example you need a strong internet connection and you also need a stable power supply, which depending on your location can be easy or hard to come by.

During the worldwide lockdown in 2020, a lot of companies changed their policies to accommodate working from home which have gained quite a massive popularity nowadays especially in companies that involves tech.

Working online gives you freedom to organise yourself and also work at your own pace.

You can be working online as a freelancer or a full time employee it all depends, I'm still trying to secure a remote job because it's more conducive than being on road everyday in the case of an offline work or business et all.

Kendy

Verified member
With all pleasure, I can resign from my offline job to work online and this already the path that I had chosen. However, it depends on the type of job. If for instance, it is a government job which there is job security, then combining both is the best option but to quit would not be possible but if it is all these private jobs that does not have any job security, I'll gladly quit.

During the covid-19 pandemic, it was so obvious that those employees who worked with private companies do not have jobs in reality this is because, some companies laid off their staff while others slashed their salaries and with this, they were left in utter confusion with no compensation packages of any kind. It was so clear that those who have jobs are those working the government organizations because they were still paid and there was nothing like sacking employees. This is the more reason, people would go to the extent of lobbying so they could get a government job. My offline job was teaching which was so demeaning and added no value to my life, rather it downgraded me due to the demands of the job which the output was really meager and insulting.

AzezMeshal

I think it’s possible only if the profit from online business is on daily basis generating at least $5000/month. There is so much risk if someone decided to stop the offline in orders to start online. The key is overcoming the challenge of time management during the full time job to build this online business.

Good luck all 😊

Chibson

VIP Contributor
If you have a lot of skills on the internet and have a lot of income streams then it is actually important and advisable for you to resign from your offline work and focus fully online but if you are a newbie it is not advisable for you to resign from your offline work in the online business because you will face a lot of financial difficulties at the initial stage.

I have seen someone who makes a lot of money on the internet on monthly basis and he has an offline job that does not even pay him up to the amount of money he makes online but still he kept the job.

Personally, I like working on the internet because of the kind of opportunity and freedom it gives me, but at the same time if I have an offline job that is paying me reasonable amount of money I would not resign instead I will have several income streams. It is not advisable to have a single income stream because anything can happen tomorrow and you wouldn't see where you will lay your hands to get money from.

The summary is that, if you have a lot of income streams online then you can resign but if you have few, it is not advisable to resign provided the job is paying well.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't think one will be making a good decision leaving ones offline job for online job. For me if I'm doing a good offline job then I will prefer to do the two. Doing the two is a way of not putting your eggs in one basket. Anything can always go wrong with our source of income whether online or offline. So if you keep the two when one source is being affected negatively whether by sack or retrenchment you can switch fully to the other one instead of losing hope or becoming jobless. Like in my country now, losing a job and even having a new one immediately is very difficult. it would even shock you that you might not have anything doing for months, that's how difficult it has become.

So the sure bet is to have different sources. Even online the earning sites are not permanent, when I first came online there were other earning sites I have working on especially good ones like postloop, answeree etc but they are no way to be found. Some like Answerer left a lot of people stranded they didn't pay a lot of people. So keep both jobs offline and online jobs is the best.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
It depends on the job, the salary paid to me. If I am comfortable doing the job offline and my earnings aren't bad, I wouldn't resign to focus fully online. Have you forgotten that, I can still do offline job and online job at same time? Online job aren't like offline where you have to wake up around 7 am and come back around 5-6 pm from Monday to Friday. In online we all know that, you can work based on your own schedule, meaning you work when you have chance. You can login to your online gigs whenever you're chanced at work. You can also do some simple online gig during nights when you're relaxed and relieved off your stress. Or you devote your weekends to engage in some online gigs to make extra income. So, I don't see a case where by an online gig will detail you from doing your offline gig, it depends on your schedule, how you manage your time, and surely you'll meet up on them all.

Shrubbery

While the online job is very liberating and flexible, it also takes numerous days of hard work and patience and dedication to build yourself to the point of quitting your offline job. It is a dream for many, sadly it is a reality for only a few.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I am very much aware that the end goal of any work whether offline or online is to make money. But I don't think I can leave one for the other no matter how. I have learnt from the experience of so many people. And besides I have my solid reasons never to do that especially leaving offline job for online jobs.

First of all, online jobs relatively compare to offline jobs can not be depended on. I could remember during the time of Corona virus. A friend of mine was working with a transcription site and he was earning a huge sum of money even when he was just in level 2. He told me to join too but I didn't join. When the era of Corona virus ended. The guy couldn't combine both his offline and newly found online together. So he made the silliest mistake of his life, he left offline for online and now he barely sees tasks as he does the other time.

Another reason why I don't like online job is that it won't give you confidence. Most people that do online works relates with computer alone; they are not chanced to meet people on daily basis because they are always indoors.

Rachael

Verified member
Never! No matter the online offer gotten by me, I have already made the decision to work online for as long as it can be. The ability to work online taught me so many lessons within the space of few months, even compared to when I was working offline on a full-time basis. First, discipline is now my number one watch word. Each day, my goal is to work online to the best of my ability, despite the external challenges being encountered.

Secondly, the ability to do my job when it is time has become part and parcel of my daily life. There is no room for procrastination, this is because it is a silent killer and de-motivator. Thirdly, the act of choosing to work online even when I had not come across any site as at the time made me believe more in myself and that, there is a greater and better future ahead for me. Working online would always be a normal routine of my life. Even though my offline work is exhausting, then during the weekends, I'd carve out time to check the progress and also contribute my quota on this forum which had built me to a standard.