General insurance Can You Insure Just A Child?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Genotype is one of the criteria people look into before they can decide to go into marriage with their partners.

People always ensure that they marry someone that has a matching genotype with their own. Everyone is afraid of a child with sickle cell carrier in their body systems.

There are some people who ignore this genotype things and go ahead to marry each other. Parents with sickle cell carrier often end up giving birth to at least a child with that health issue.

Having a sickle cell among the children's can drain someone's financial strength. the reason is that you will have to visit the hospital consistently in order to maintain the health of the child.

So I want to ask that can someone ensure just a child among the rest due to financial capability and health condition?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah it's possible to do so , there is child insurance policy available and also under health insurance you could insure the child against any form of illness that are bound to occur , just make your research more on the best insurance policy to that would suit what you are going for

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Wisdom01 I think people are going to give me the right back is about this. Though I don't have any child to do insurance on at present. according to the economic situation of the country and how things are going these days, I think it is very important to be proactive and plan for the unforeseen circumstances.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insuring a child because of financial difficulties is alright and possible. But I only wonder how it won't cost bad blood among other children. If there won't be problem or if the child is the only one that is prone to health issue, then there is no problem with that

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
It depends on the way we see it, from my perspective I don’t think it’s necessary, instead of going through that stressful effort, I think one should just do the DNA test to give yourself some kind of assurance that the child is yours. Although in some situations, it might require someone to do it so as not to end up losing the child to another person

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It depends on the way we see it, from my perspective I don’t think it’s necessary, instead of going through that stressful effort, I think one should just do the DNA test to give yourself some kind of assurance that the child is yours. Although in some situations, it might require someone to do it so as not to end up losing the child to another person
Actually the insurance policy for the child that the poster meant was because of the health issue that a child may have because of genotype issue and not necessarily mean that the child identity is not known. But just like you said, if it is for paternity identification, I don't think insurance should be the major issue, testing the DNA would be better.

Mika

VIP Contributor
You can insure your kid. If your kid is sick, you may not be able to insure for a big amount but you will surely be able to insure your kid and get coverage for medical bills. Insurance is one of the best ways to gain access to medical facilities as you can get coverage for your entire medical bills.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
@Wisdom01 I think people are going to give me the right back is about this. Though I don't have any child to do insurance on at present. according to the economic situation of the country and how things are going these days, I think it is very important to be proactive and plan for the unforeseen circumstances.
Yeah it's really important to do so , because most parents don't want unexpected health issues to happen to their child so they prefer to register on any insurance plan ,that would be able to cover such type of risk and the parent won't have any kind of issues and won't bother much when the risk is covered

Jamoflondon

Verified member
If the need demands it, of course one could insure just a child, even more than one, all you will have to do is to make sure you choose the right policy plan for the kid and make sure the premium are well taken care of. Sooner or later, you and the child will be compensated

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If the need demands it, of course one could insure just a child, even more than one, all you will have to do is to make sure you choose the right policy plan for the kid and make sure the premium are well taken care of. Sooner or later, you and the child will be compensated
That is true. We need to make the right insurance policy for our children. This is because the insurance that we do today can be of benefit to those children tomao. Insurance like health and life can be of benefit to them but it won't make sense making auto insurance policy for small children.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't think insurance companies can insure anyone having a sickle cell deficiency. That will be draining to their finance. Cos the sickle cell carrier will always be on a rampant illness which needs blood transfusion or serious medical attention which is financial demanding. That will be detrimental to any insurance long term business economic right.

Status
Not open for further replies.