General insurance Can You Insure Engagement Ring?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Proposing to his girlfriend in the public is now common among the guys these days. You might be in an eatery trying to enjoy yourself with delicious meal and drinks.

All of a sudden you will see a guy going on his kneels with a wedding ring on his hand proposing to his girlfriend in the public.

The next thing is that, you are going to see all the ladies around will be encouraging the lady to say yes.

Once the lady receives the ring, you are going to see people around them applauding them for the good gesture.

People are spending a lot of money to acquire this proposed ring as well as the engagement ring.

So I want to ask you guys at is it possible to insure engagement rings only?

Last edited:

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Lol, actually this sounds kind of funny to me, engaging an engagement ring? Who does that. Well we are different people with different perspectives so I really can’t judge because that won’t be fair for me to do. But I really do not think it is necessary to go to the extent of insuring an engagement ring except it’s worth it

Good luck

Verified member
I don't it is a better idea to insure an engagement ring because it is something that is can be replaced if stolen or lost.Only be a waste of time and money to invest such Items because of theft..If it is a gold ring one can just keep it in a bank for safety.So it is not a better option to insured a ring

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well it's an asset you can insure , most engagement ring are very costly that the owner would not want to risk it all and see it being stolen due to theft and others. , But based on my observation I hardly see such type of risk occur , like engagement ring being stolen

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
My dear bro; this question sounds funny small. Though I know that some of this so call ring use to be costly or expensive yet for an insurance company to now consider to cover it may look some how hard. Although it depend on the type or how standard that insurance company is.
As for me I will say that insurance company will not cover such be is liable to high risk.
The guy or lady ( i call them guy because they are not yet a man or woman yet) may throw the ring away since its just an engagement ring and not even wedding ring. Some thing bad like cheating may occur along the way they may even start fighting and throw the ring away.

ericbaker

Yes, you can insure an engagement ring. In fact, it's a good idea to insure valuable jewelry such as engagement rings, as it can protect you financially in the event of loss, theft, or damage.

There are a few different options for insuring an engagement ring. You can add it as a rider or endorsement to your existing homeowner's or renter's insurance policy. This may be a convenient option if you already have an insurance policy, but keep in mind that there may be coverage limits and deductibles.

Another option is to purchase a separate jewelry insurance policy. These policies are specifically designed to cover jewelry and often offer more comprehensive coverage than a homeowner's or renter's insurance policy. Some companies that offer jewelry insurance include Jewelers Mutual, Chubb, and Travelers Insurance.

When insuring an engagement ring, it's important to have it appraised by a reputable jeweler such as GemsNY, Angara, James Allen, etc. to ensure that you have adequate coverage. You should also keep any documentation related to the ring, such as receipts and certificates of authenticity, in a safe place.