General insurance Can You Insure A car Without A Permit?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Owning a car make it pretty much easier for someone to move about and travels a far distance as a little cost.

There are some people who use car as articles of ostentation just to impress others. These people are going to spend huge amounts of money just to acquire a car to show class to other people who care to look their way.

This is very common among the Yahoo boys in our area, once they hit a huge amount of money the next thing is to buy expensive cars.

if it happens that you have a car that doesn't have permit from the right authority, I want to ask that is it possible to ensure that car without a permit? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Insuring a car without a permit? That sounds kind of illegal to me and I do not think any insurance company will allow that because it might backfire and this might give the insurance company a bad reputation or even destroy the good name or reputation of that particular insurance company

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
What if the car is stolen , before insuring the car the insurance company would first ask for all the necessary documents and then you insure the car against any form of risk you are willing to insure against , many people have done same thing , but we're not accepted

Good luck

Verified member
A car without a permit must be a car that Does not have a clearance or probably a smuggled car or Vehicle that people just brought in to the country.a car without a genuine paper that is backing it up.l don't think such car can be insured because of future unforseen circumstances that may come up later.I t is not advisable to insured such vehicle

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
A car without a permit must be a car that Does not have a clearance or probably a smuggled car or Vehicle that people just brought in to the country.a car without a genuine paper that is backing it up.l don't think such car can be insured because of future unforseen circumstances that may come up later.I t is not advisable to insured such vehicle
Am not even sure if someone would even like to insure such thing , because the person might later start facing legal issues by the government after the insurance company have discovered that he or she dosent have a permit for the car. Because they would take him to court think it's stolen

Good luck

Verified member
Am not even sure if someone would even like to insure such thing , because the person might later start facing legal issues by the government after the insurance company have discovered that he or she dosent have a permit for the car. Because they would take him to court think it's stolen
It is even a great offence to drive or talk of insuring a car or Vehicle without a permit in any country.it is high level of illegal.it will be great offence if one is caught by cop or police for driving a car without a permit.one can be charged to court to face the law of defaulting in having the right paper in before driving such vehicle in the first place.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It is even a great offence to drive or talk of insuring a car or Vehicle without a permit in any country.it is high level of illegal.it will be great offence if one is caught by cop or police for driving a car without a permit.one can be charged to court to face the law of defaulting in having the right paper in before driving such vehicle in the first place.
Exactly the person would be charged to court , I think there is a punishment for the person who probably do such kind of thing ,and if the person said he have insure his car he might probably put the insurance in trouble , so they wont allow such because of that

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If what you mean is buying a car that is not legitimately registered then we call that a "hot car" which means it is not legal. Driving a hot car can make you go to jail because that is tantamount to driving a stolen car. I don't think you have to engage in that kind of car. If you cannot afford to buy then do not buy for the sake of your safety.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Of course, I don’t think there is an issue with that, as long as the car is bought and owned by you, once you can show proof for it that you are the rightful owner of it. I mean permit can not in anyway hinder the chance of insuring your car

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insurance company is a legal entity. It won't get in one in something that may soil its reputation. They have a department in each insurance company who always do some investigation to know whether the property to insure is really the one's. If there is discrepancy in the document, they may not insure it